Bell Array Helmets

Bell Array Helmets

Bell Array Road Cycling Helmet is the choice for any cyclist who needs excellent ventilation and light weight with good protection. Using Bell's TAG Fit system and using very stylish graphics, the Array is the perfect helmet for the elite to the recreatio

[Aug 28, 2015]
Paul W.

Strength:

Good-looking, rear tensioner, quality straps

Made in China (2009 model)

My helmet before this was the (1996) Bell Image Pro Fusion, which was U.S.-made. How many of these Arrays (per 100) are actually crash-tested by Bell, when they receive them off the docks? Well, to para-phrase a famous actor, "You just have to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky today?" Good-looking helmet. Finish is delicate, though, so don't throw your keys on it or anything.
Is the helmet strong? I don't know yet. All I know is that Bell (like all other capitalist pigs) has been cutting over-head. Not a good sign for a company in the personal safety business.

[Feb 17, 2012]
Ric Deschler

Strength:

Tough as nails

A bit too flashy for me

Sleek helmet that has a comfortable fit. I'll always trust my head to a Bell.

[Feb 16, 2012]
Vidiot

Strength:

Like other Bell road bike helmets before it, this one has a shape that fits my head well (unlike Giro that have been more narrow and don't fit me well). My previous favorite was the Bell Ghisallo, but the Array's additional, vertical adjustment mechanism makes for just that much better fit than the horizontal/circumference only adjustment most helmets have.

It's light weight, comes in a variety of colors (I prefer the white/silver for visibility) and vents well enough.

I also like the low-profile design so this doesn't make my head look so much like a mushroom when I have it on.

The straps and cam buckles don't let me get the crossover area below my ears to lay flat--it always puckers no matter what I do. My Ghisallo doesn't have that problem--maybe its straps are more flexible or the buckles are better designed?

The vents are numerous, but a little smaller than my other Bell helmets so it's a little harder to scratch that itch you get every once in a while on the bike.

Nice helmet with good adjustments, but a few minor issues

Bell Ghisallo
Bell Xray
Bell Influx

[Oct 05, 2010]
Tee.Que

I fell really hard with this helmet. It split but it saved my head. It did a really great job of keeping me safe. I was left with a slight bump on my head, nothing a little ice can't fix. The rest of my body is really sore and hurt but my head is fine!

[Aug 14, 2010]
dbeids

Good fit, good value, feels solid and comfortable...for a helmet.

[Aug 09, 2010]
Scott

Strength:

Good fit. Easy-to-use retention adjustment.

Ventilation is not great, but is comparable to other helmets in this price range.

Fit and quality are excellent for the price. Less ventilation than Giro Atmos and almost on par with my older Giro Pneumo. If you're riding in the heat alot, I'd spend the extra $ and get a helmet with better ventilation.

Giro Pneumo and Atmos.

[Jul 01, 2010]
Erion929

Strength:

Fit, comfort, style (as much as a bike helmet will allow), price, lightwieght

None noted yet

Very good value, compares well with helmets up to $120 or so without question. Good ventilation, nice fit, comfortable...the Twin Axis gear system snugs the helmet up circumferentially and then drops down to support the skull a little. After a few minutes I don't even feel it on my head. Seems comparable to the Bell Sweep, a very popular helmet which costs more.

Giro Hammerhead...very old

[May 08, 2010]
rosborn

Strength:

Fit and style. Adequate air flow, light enough and comfortable.

None so far.

I am impressed by the quality of this helmet. Not that I've actually tested how well it protects my goard but the quality for the price. This helmet is as good as any higher priced helmet out there. Seriously, this helmet compares to the Giro Stylus and is approximately $20 less - everything is the same except the name.

Specialized Air 8

[Nov 12, 2009]
alexcwr

Strength:

Great looks, great fit, good price

Always had the idea that the difference between top and mid tier helmets was only in the looks department. Not anymore. Great looking helmet, fits well and affordable. Am pretty sure it will perform as well as any helmet out there but don't think I will try to find out.

SH+ Zeus

[Sep 17, 2009]
El Guapo

Strength:

Good ventilation. Fit is perfect. It's easy to adjust with one hand.

I crashed on a race and it worked very nicely. It broke at the back in several places. I had a very slight headache after that, but no head injury. So it saved me from a lot of trouble.
I ordered the same one again with a discount they give you for crashed helmets.