Bell Furio Helmets

Bell Furio Helmets

Bell Furio Road Helmet '09. Hi-fi thrills at a low-fi price, the Furio features our Fusion In-Mold Microshell, 20 air moving, internally channeled vents and our GPS fit system.

[Oct 01, 2010]
Petr667

Strength:

Very good fit, lightweight and good price.

Noisy at higher speeds.

This helmet has good ventilation, great fit on my head and is very lightweight. Unfortunately, he has one annoyance: at speeds around 20 mph and more is loud and you feel like "car going behind your back".

[Jun 05, 2010]
dennis

Strength:

looks, weight

ventilation, best used by casual cyclist that doesnt push and require more cooling.

Looks good, fits my head but ventilation isnt nearly as good as the Ghisallo it relaced(cracked due to abuse after 5 years)Gonna use this as the cool weather helmet and get a better ventilated one for the summer...

bell ghisallo, garneau, giro saris

[Jun 04, 2010]
BentLink

Strength:

Fit, Value.

Nothing to stop insects from coming to visit.

Awesome value! Fit for my head is perfect, and straps are easy to adjust. Ventilation is quite decent, and it doesn't look too dorky!

Louis Garneau Equinox.
Specialized helmet of 90's vintage.
Some old thing from Giro with a lycra cover.

[Feb 27, 2009]
Rider66

Strength:

good looking, easy to adjust

Vent noise, straps don't like to lay flat.

Vent noise - Two of us in our riding group bought 07 models last year. At around 10 mph the side vents start to whistle and as the speed increases the noise is worse. It's hard to hear people talking while riding beside us and forget an approaching car from behind. Road test this one.

Bell Image Pro, Bell V-1

[Jan 27, 2009]
MattTV

Strength:

Light, cheap and comfortable. Oh and it does it's job.

Light, Cheap, Comfortable. Simple to adjust and did I mention it is light, cheap and comfortable. Why would anyone pay $200 for a helmet when they could have this one for $60?

I just crashed tested mine. Hit a dog at 25mph and landed on the back of my head and shoulders. Helmet crushed by I rode home with some road rash and bruises. Went to the bike shop for a new helmet (to be purchased by the dog owner) I could have spent $200+ of his money, but opted for another Furio.

Various Bells, tried some Giro's but they don't fit my head shape well. Also a Limar.

[Sep 02, 2008]
cslayton

Strength:

Value for the money, light, comfortable, does the job. Removable pads easy to clean.

Hard to hit your noggin with a squirt of water, vents are not terrible well-designed. Probably less of a problem north of Mason-Dixon line.

Wasn’t looking for a helmet, but picked this one up at a store sale, tried it on, loved the GPS (gear) system, better than Roc Loc, and this helmet matched new (for me) frame colors.
For the money, it is light and extremely comfortable. It needs better vent design, since it seems warmer to my than my other lid, a Giro Monza. I have yet to be able to give my head a good splashing.
One-handing any locking system is problematic, and I am concerned that this mechanism is more complicated than the simple Roc Loc, but everybody knows these helmets spew from the same factory, so lid quality is not the issue, but durability of this wheel gear. No problems on first century of riding with it.

Giro Mojave, Giro Monza

[Jul 25, 2008]
DaveG

Strength:

easy set up and fit. Light and well vented

pads just don't hold up. Mine started separating within a couple of months

I have been using Bell helmets exclusively for the last 20 years but this is probably my last Bell. The last 2 helmets I had the pads ended up falling apart in less than one season. Bell charges $15 for a new set (they are just lined foam!). They should provide a second set or be more reasonable on replacement pads

several Bell's

[Jul 10, 2008]
Runcycle

Strength:

Fits great, light, looks fast and professional.

None.

Best 60 bucks I've ever spent. Flipped going downhill on my mtb and landed on my head and shoulder...snapped my collarbone and cracked my Furio, but my head came through fine. Really did the job, I'm getting a new one soon.

Other cheaper bells.

[Jun 09, 2008]
John Kelly

Strength:

goof fit, confortable, good value

None that I can find.

Recently in a bad crash where my head struck the ground. Helmet cracked but stayed together and protected my head.
What more can you say. It did the job when needed. I will buy another just like it....as soon as my arm recovers.

Giro

[Aug 28, 2007]
C.T. Davis

Strength:

Shell and foam are fused well, fits snugly yet comfortably.

A little on the pricey side, but a good value all the same.

I needed to replace the el-cheapo Target special with a real helmet. The Bell Furio was on special at REI for about 30% less than their original price. They had one or two cheaper models, but this one had what I needed and nothing I didn't and it fit well when tried on in the store.

The helmet I had before really can't compare. They were both black and had straps. The similarity ends there.