Bell Influx Helmets

Bell Influx Helmets

A inexpensive mountain helmet with great features such as 18 vents for channeled ventilation Bell's Cam-Lock levers for secure fit and a blade visor to keep that sun out of your eyes. Matte BlackTitanium RedBlack and SilverWhite.Small 20 - 21.75 51cm - 55cmMedium 21.75 - 23.25 55cm - 59cmLarge 23.25 - 24.75 59cm - 63cm

[Feb 14, 2007]
Russ

I was in a head-on collision with a Buick Park Av while wearing this helmet. I broke my face on the hood and my neck on the roof, but nothing in between. I love this helmet.

[Aug 28, 2005]
Scotty2Hotty

Strength:

-Great value (at $40) -Last year's yellow/black matches my bike. -GPS sizing system works well

-Straps stretch unless you put on some extra O rings. -Bulbous (in size L anyway)

I got last year's model on sale from dickssportinggoods.com. The helmet does seem somewhat bulbous and mushroomy on my head as compared to other racier helmets such as the Sweep, but I wear a large, so that may be why. I can see the front of the helmet while I wear it, but it doesn't really obstruct my view. The straps would always end up looser after my ride than before it, but I fixed that by asking Bell for some spare rubber O rings. Three O rings will hold the strap in place better than one, I've found. Overall, I have no real complaints. It's light enough and it doesn't look too bad.

[Jan 23, 2005]
sandiegosun101

Strength:

Fit, price, GPS system

Style

I crashed at 40 mph on a decreasing radius turn, and the influx saved my life. It was a cheaper helmet, with an OK look to it, but it fit awesome, especially with bell's GPS system, which is much more preferable to Giro's stupid roc lock thing.

Giro Monza (high price bracket)

[Jul 07, 2003]
windinhair

Strength:

Fits well easily adjusts

Needs a bit more padding up top, but you can add a little. i think this is more of a problem if you have thin hair like me.

This helmet was marketed as a mountain bike helmet. It can be used for both road and MTB. I use it for road racing and it's great. I htink the most important thing with any helmet is the fit, and this thing fits my head like a glove. It has good ventilation, and it doesn't feel like a drag. the only negative is, it could use a little more padding on top aspect inside. They do give you extra pads for the sides. I've had more expensive GIRO's for racing, but I like this much better. I thought why buy a bell, there not that great, but i tried it, and I have a whole new perspective/respect on their products