Bell Sweep Helmets

Bell Sweep Helmets

Already one of the most popular and winning helmets on both the road and mountain bike circuits, the Sweep now features Bells Twin Axis Gear (TAG) fit system. With 20 functional vents actively channeling airflow over the head and out the re...

[Dec 14, 2013]
Blackbeerthepirate

Strength:

It fits my head.

It looks pretty stoopid, but I guess all helmets do

Every time I'm in a bike shop I'll try on a few helmets. Different brands, styles, even sizes, looking for that one perfect helmet. In all the years I've been looking, I've come to one conclusion, my head is shaped like the inside of a Bell Sweep. Lucky me, I've found the perfect helmet. So if you have been cursed with a head shaped like mine, the Sweep should work for you too.

[Jul 15, 2009]
SWORKSJACK

Strength:

GREAT GPS FIT, LIGHT N COOL GRAHPICS

NONE

WELL DONT REVIEW HERE MUCH BUT JUST HAD TO TELL YOU ALL WHAT A GREAT HELMET THIS IS,, AFTER ROAD BIKING FOR 3 YEARS WITHOUT A SINGLE CRASH IT FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH ME THIS WEEKEND,, TWO GUYS TANGELED UP IN FRONT OF ME NO WHERE TO GO A TOTAL OF SEVEN OF US WENT DOWN,,ENDOED OVER THE BARS LANDED ON MY RIGHT SIDE SHOULDER, HEAD, AND BACK,,BROKEN COLLAR BONE TWO FRACTURED RIBS ROADRASH AND OF COURSE CRACKED HELMET, BUT IT SAVED ME AND THATS WHAT A HELMET IS SUPPOSED TO DO,, GOING TO TRY THE CRASH REPLACEMENT THING WITH BELL AND SEE HOW THAT GOES BUT I AM SO PLEASED WITH BELL FOR SAVING MY HEAD...

GIRO E-2

[Jun 01, 2009]
Austin

Strength:

Styling, Colors, Ventilation, Fit, Price

Attention to details of molding and manufacturing process.

I can't say this is a bad helmet. It fits much better than my $50 Giro. It also looks MUCH better! I love the styling of this helmet, especially the back (that's what everyone else will see, right?!). It fits very well, and even though my head circumference was right in the middle of med. and large, I got the medium and it is a perfect fit. very comfy!
I do have one complaint. There seem to be a lot of places where the foam mold was pieced together and therefore the foam is sticking up in a good many places. Also, there is some clear plastic still sticking to the painted plastic pieces on the helmet. It seems that on the 2nd highest line of helmet for Bell, these types of things would be removed, but I guess that would make it too expensive. I was disappointed at this, but still love the helmet, and WOULD recomment it to anyone who is an avid rider/racer.

Giro Indicator

[May 13, 2009]
hbrider

Strength:

Comfort, looks, keeps sweat out of the eyes. In fact this is my second Sweep R replacing the one I just hit the asphalt on. Worked great and survived with just a nasty headache.

I suggest Bell Helmets re engineer their top of the line Volt to match the excellent inside shape of the lower priced Sweep R. They got them backwards in which is better for most user preferred attributes.

The Bell Sweep R is excellent! It fits my head noticeably better than most all else tried. I also just bought a new more expensive Bell Volt and decided to make it my back-up only because the Sweep R is lighter, cooler and far more comfortable.

Older Bell, Giro

[May 09, 2009]
JoBoa

Strength:

Lightweight, lots of airflow, Great colors, and great looking helmet

price. I know its not in the upper tier of pricing($150-$200) range, but $100 is still alot of money in my opinion. But I have to admit the more money you spend, the better the helmet looks

Bought 2009 Bell Sweep, which is the newer sweep R. Ive been using The Rudy Project Kontact for two years and notice a big difference with the new helmet. The helmet fits perfect. The colors are amazing and has that racer look. It has lots of airflow and is very light.

Rudy Project Kontact and older Giro transfer

[Nov 24, 2008]
TheDarkAce

Strength:

Light weight, many and large vents, and great adjustability.

More colors.

Been using this helmet since the summer of 2008. All I can say is that the bigger vents help extremely on hotter days especially cycling in the South. Fits very well on my head and is very light weight. Now that it is winter, the vents are letting the cold air in so I use a cap under it to help keep my head warm. Still a great helmet.

Specialized

[Nov 23, 2008]
hulamania

Strength:

Fit and weight. I think that all helmets are too expensive but this one is relatively inexpensive.

None really. I think it could be a bit lighter.

I found the Bell Sweep R to be an excellent helmet. It fit my head well and the "GPS" system was extremely effective. I crashed at fairly high speed and the helmet worked very well. I should note that I purchased a Bell Volt to replace my Sweep and I wish I had purchased another Sweep. The Sweep was lighter and had better ventilation.

Older Giros and Specialized. Bell Volt.

[Jul 23, 2008]
Motomutt

Strength:

Lightweight. Airflow. Fit

There are cheaper helmets out there. But like they say, "if you have a $20.00 head......"

I've used an older Bell for the past 2 years and thought that waw as good as it got. Sweat used to constantly drip onto my glasses to the point that I used a panty liner in the front of my helmet (don't laugh it works). WOW ! What a differencelightweight. Super fit. And not a drop of sweat got into my glasses (100 degree heat). I nearly bought a Louis Garneau because of price and looks but the fit was terrible for me. The Bells system that snugs under the back of your skull is super comfy and secure

[Jun 24, 2008]
Lorden

Strength:

Lightness, fitting, airflows

Maybe cost, but you get what you pay for.

Very nice helmet. It's very light and airy, to such a degree that occasionally I've had to reach up to actually check that I'm wearing it.
No problems with fitting and the dial system at the back makes it very easy to adjust should I wear a cap under my helmet.

[Jun 23, 2008]
Jason

Strength:

Incredibly comfortable (I often forget that I even have the helmet on), fairly light, attractive design, Bell fitting system ensures a snug fit every time.

Price I guess? $130 MSRP is a bit much for nothing more than some plastic and styrofoam.

Great looking helmet that doesn't look dorky. Great range of colors and well thought out design, the Bell fitting system is awesome. On the Sweep-R you can adjust the dials very easily with one hand for a perfect fit.

The vents are awesome and even in hot and humid Florida summer days I forget I even have this helmet on during 50 mile rides.