Bell Z20 MIPS Helmets

Bell Z20 MIPS Helmets

[Aug 18, 2018]
Psi Squared

Strength:

This helmet is so much better than the Bell Volt it replaces and the Giro Pneumo that preceded the Volt. The Z20 ventilates much better. The retention system in the Z20 completely encircles the head, unlike that in the Volt and Pneumo where the retention systems only encircle part of the head and pushed my forehead into the foam/padding at the front of the helmet. The Z20's retention system allows more air to flow over my forehead, while the design of the padding at the font allows sweat to drip in front of my glasses not on them on hot days. There's not much of a weight difference. The Z20 is only 6g lighter than my same sized Volt, but for its weight, the Z20 includes two foam shells--of different desities--joined together in a way the should provide improved protection for my melon. The straps lie flat, so they don't flutter in the wind and. make noise. The helmet is noticeable quieter. I chose the Matte Ghost color scheme, a light silvery-gray look that is fully reflective. For me, that's a big bonus. Oh, and my Rudy Kerosene riding glasses stow easily and securely in front. As far as price goes, I had a about $10 in credit before my purchase, and BikeTiresDirect had already knocked the price down to $160.96 from $229.95. With my credit, taxes, and shipping, my price was $152.94. That's a smoking deal by any measure and one that I'm quite chuffed with.

At this point, having done about 100 miles in hot, humid weather, I've found nothing in the helmet to complain about

Price Paid: