Catlike Mixino Helmets

Mixino

Catlike Mixino Helmet(0x8a9f57f0)

nacnac3   [Jul 28, 2013]
Strength:

Light weight, comfortable, great ventilation

Expensive

Very nice helmet that vents well, seems very well made and is very comfortable. I came from a Giro Pro light, loved the light weight but wanted more ventilation. Saw the Mixino ad took a chance. I'm glad I did.

Fit - its quite adjustable and comes with two sets of padding in different thicknesses. I removed the 'wings' above the ears as my sunglasses didnt fit with them. I was formerly a Grio guy...Atmos and Pro light but I feel that this helmet fits better. The straps are made of a very soft, and light material but hold very strong. They might be a deal killer for some however as the temple straps (at the front of the helmet) are quite far forward - much more so that Giro or Bell. They sit more to the sides of the eyes than in front of the ears. For some, they may be too close to the side of the eyes. I thought they may bother me at first but once the helmet is on I dont notice them any longer. The helmet is also very light but sits securely on my head.

The helmet vents really well. Much better than the pro light.

The only con is the price. Its worth it IMO but you can certainly get a good helmet for less.