Giro Aeon Helmets

Giro Aeon Helmets

Giro Aeon Road Bicycling Helmet is Giro's top-of-the-range ultra light, ultra breathable cycling helmet. Designed for the pro tour, the Aeon can be yours as well. 24 cavernous vents provide maximum ventilation and temperature regulation while the Roc Loc 5 provides maximum comfort.

[Dec 02, 2013]
Typetwelve

Strength:

Extremely light and comfortable. Fit is great and it has a high amount of airflow to keep your head cool and dry.

What else? Cost. Do what most do and get it on sale.

This is a superb helmet. Thankfully, I have not had to put it through a crash test yet but I've worn it for thousands of miles and the thing is wonderfully comfortable. As stated, it is extremely lightweight and offers great airflow. I can't complain one bit...

[Nov 01, 2013]
james

Strength:

super lightweight, low profile, thin straps, venting, sunglasses fit in vents

expensive, thin padding

best helmet I have ever used - hands down. It is super lightweight and looks amazing, but man is it expensive... try to find it on sale and you have a great helmet. I was worried the straps would be weak because they are so light and thin, but they do the job just fine. pads don't stink and wash up nicely, but could be a big thicker. Tons of color options too, my entire team uses these helmets for racing.

[Apr 28, 2013]
T Connell

Strength:

Very light, comfortable, fits great and has many adjustments. Well ventilated. Removable / replaceable padding that can be washed.

None that I have experienced.

Best cycling helmet I have worn. I have had Bell helmets and othe Giro helmets, but the Aeon is my helmet of choice. After I strap it on and hit the road I forget that it is on, that is how comfortable and light it is.

[Jul 30, 2012]
Lee

Strength:

Very light weight, decent ventilation

Fit is not great, adjuster in back of helmet has broken twice.

Overall I was much happier with the Atmos (except for the weight). Have started looking for a new helmet.

[Jun 05, 2011]
t_togh

Strength:

It is good in all areas. The fit is excellent, it is feather light, and the ventilation is outstanding. The pads, unlike the Atmos, are ample and comfortable.

None...except price. I got mine at a significant discount and I'd suggest Ebay or waiting for a sale.

Excellent helmet. Fit, padding, and ventilation are excellent. Most stores don't stock more expensive helmets so I ordered and returned the Bell Volt, Giro Atmos, and then this one. This is the best of the three.