Giro Eclipse Helmets

Giro Eclipse Helmets

Our designers sculpted away evey extra gram of material to make the EclipseTM our most compact and streamlined helmet. 24 vents and exhaust ports work with internal channels to provide cooling power mile after mile. In-mold technology, Coolmax® padding and the Roc Loc 3 fit system complete this race-ready package.

[Jul 14, 2018]
Moikkis

Strength:

Saved my life when a car hit me and i flew to pawement. Cracked from the back but held the mold. Had speed about 15kmh and didnt get any headpains after crash. Pretty well ventilated, straps were a bit odd feeling. Definetly will look for Giro's helmets now when buying new one.

Straps feel a bit odd

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2016
[Sep 27, 2009]
rcummings1

Strength:

Fits well, adjusts with one hand, comfortable, good venting. Great helmet. I will replace it with the Giro Stylus, the new version of the Eclipse.

Chin strap loses tension over time. No big deal, just remember to tighten it up once in awhile.

I have been wearing this helmet for 18 months year round. Yesterday my helmet did what it was supposed to do, it saved my head. Broke the helmet in 3 places when I went over the bars and smacked the back of me head on the pavement at 23mph. I'm bummed that I broke my helmet but happy that I get to buy a new one. If I had not been wearing it, I may not have been able to write this review. You don't need to pay $200 for a helmet to save your noggin. Thank you Giro!

Giro wearer since 1989

[Sep 11, 2009]
Patrick Holt

Strength:

The main one, protects your head. Also, ventalates very well.

I recently had a prteey back cycling accident where I received a broken hip(surgery) and a broken collar bone. The Giro ecliplse had two cracks in it, but I had no kinuries to my head, neck, or back. The helmet did it's job. I've already ordered another. I woll get back on the saddle asap, which coudl be a few months.

[Jun 28, 2008]
JHud51

Strength:

Fit, value, a "blue collar" helmet.

Harness broke, but I had it over 3 years so I can't complain.

Bought a practically new Specialized Allez Elite for half price and got this helmet with it. Loved it and wore it until the harness finally broke. Tried to find another but couldn't without waiting for several days, so I bought a half-priced Bell Delirium. Wish I had another Eclipse.

Several Bells

[Apr 02, 2008]
chicama

Strength:

Comfortable, looks nice, not super expensive.

Not as light at other helmets, but plenty light for the price.

I have to agree that this is one comfortable helmet. It is especially nice in cold days where the ventilation will not freeze your brain. It is awesome also in the summer. I have yet to crash on the helmet (have crashed 4 times with it on over the last 4 years, but no head hits yet) so I have no means to review its crashworthiness.

Bell Sweep-R, Rudy Project Syton Supercomp

[Jan 23, 2008]
x3dgame

Strength:

You can tighten the helmet in 2 dimension, and keep your head secure. Ventilation is just enough to keep it cool in the summer and warm in the winter

You have to buy the right size.

It works great, my brain have never felt so save before

Schwinn Rocket Helmet 2007 Model

[Jul 19, 2007]
Todd

Strength:

Light ..well ventilated..good adjustibility. looks good covering my bald spot.

Haven'trealy found any yet

Yes I found this helmet at the goodwikll with brand news pads in it:). gave it a try...great helmet. light and very well ventilated..keeps the melon cool on long rides. I have not testes the crashability of it yet and hope that I will not have to:) but if you find one pick it up..

bell.. other giros

[May 22, 2007]
Haley Basler

Strength:

Light, sleek, minimal. Looks hot. Comfortable fit.

Thin plastic straps on the back of the helmet that can easily be broken or snapped. Why, Giro, why?

This is a nice non-bulky helmet that doesn't make me feel like a mushroom head. I've owned two so far and prefer them to the even higher end models like Pnuemo or Atmos. The first Eclipse I had cracked in three places when I crashed during a training ride and slammed my head into the ground. I walked away with road rash and a fractured wrist but my head was a-ok. Replaced that Eclipse with another one, but then a year later the plastic thingy on the back snapped. I like Giro but the Roc Loc system doen't do it for me so I've since switched to Rudy Project which have better retention systems. However, whenever I see a Giro in the bike shops, I stare longingly at them ;-)

[May 16, 2006]
GoCards

Strength:

- Excellent crash protection.
- Comfortable

- Wish the vents were a little bigger to fit my fingers in to scratch my head.

One week ago, I wrecked hard when my rear wheel slipped out from under me on a tight turn at 30 mph. I banged my head hard during the crash but suffered no ill affects. My Eclipse helmet has several cracks in it but did it's job flawlessly. This helmet is fantastic. Will definitely get another Giro helmet to replace this one.

[Mar 24, 2006]
jjohnlee

Strength:

Great product, well ventilated, awesome custoemr service!

A little expensive - hence the 4 for value.

I bought the eclipse because it looked a little less "alien-like" than the pneumo and it was less expensive. I figured either one would protect my head during any unplanned dismounts. This is a very well ventilated lid that is extremely adjustable and is certain to fit almost any melon out there. After about 18 months the pads started falling apart and I could not find replacement pads anywhere. I e-mailed Giro and they sent me replacement pads right away. Awesome customer service!

Bell (Didn't fit as well)