Giro Mad Max Helmets

Mad Max

The Mad MaxTM is the winningest helmet in World Cup downhill competition - year after year after year. This comes as no surprise to our all-star team of downhill Pros. First they helped us design it, then they told us how to improve it. For 2001, we added a second shell size, redesigned the visor and added plush, internal padding.

James   Recreational Rider [Feb 25, 2010]
Strength:

10/10 for performance
10/10 for comfort
10/10 for style & looks
10/10 for cost - I was given this helmet by a friend who stopped riding so it was free. I have bought another one since.

None what so ever!

In summer 2008 I went to France with a group of 6 lads to ride all the big DH courses. On the last day I was there I came off at around 40mph and I landed on my head over large boulders and rocks. When I stood up I promptly collapsed, I came round a few minuites later and repeated the standing and fainting a further 2 times until eventually I managed to slide down the remainder of the course on my arse. So you can safely say it was a large impact! Yes the helmet needs to be replaceed because the absorbing inner shell smashed up, as it is designed to do, but I have no doubt that if I had not been wearing a top notch helmet like this I could have easily killed myself. When it comes to safety buy the best. What more could you want??? Buy It!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Met Attila which wasn't as comfortable, practicle or as well made.
Sakke   Triathlete [Nov 25, 2007]

I get it free.From my cousin. This is the best helmet!!!-I like it

kona_stinky   Downhiller [Jun 01, 2002]
Strength:

very strong and durable, looks cool

very weak visor

this is an overall great helmet. if you fall, then it might chip the paint a little, but at least its not chippin your head!