Giro Mad Max Helmets

Giro Mad Max Helmets

The Mad MaxTM is the winningest helmet in World Cup downhill competition - year after year after year. This comes as no surprise to our all-star team of downhill Pros. First they helped us design it, then they told us how to improve it. For 2001, we added a second shell size, redesigned the visor and added plush, internal padding.

[Feb 25, 2010]
James

Strength:

10/10 for performance
10/10 for comfort
10/10 for style & looks
10/10 for cost - I was given this helmet by a friend who stopped riding so it was free. I have bought another one since.

None what so ever!

In summer 2008 I went to France with a group of 6 lads to ride all the big DH courses. On the last day I was there I came off at around 40mph and I landed on my head over large boulders and rocks. When I stood up I promptly collapsed, I came round a few minuites later and repeated the standing and fainting a further 2 times until eventually I managed to slide down the remainder of the course on my arse. So you can safely say it was a large impact! Yes the helmet needs to be replaceed because the absorbing inner shell smashed up, as it is designed to do, but I have no doubt that if I had not been wearing a top notch helmet like this I could have easily killed myself. When it comes to safety buy the best. What more could you want??? Buy It!!!!!

Met Attila which wasn't as comfortable, practicle or as well made.

[Nov 25, 2007]
Sakke

I get it free.From my cousin. This is the best helmet!!!-I like it

[Jun 01, 2002]
kona_stinky
Downhiller

Strength:

very strong and durable, looks cool

very weak visor

this is an overall great helmet. if you fall, then it might chip the paint a little, but at least its not chippin your head!

Giro switchblade