Giro Transfer Helmets

Giro Transfer Helmets

The Transfers twenty robust vents and hip style are great for riders on the move. Its clean lines and easy-to-use features are elegant, thoughtful touches that offer everything you need and deliver a little more than you might expect. Sizin...

[Jun 05, 2012]
Dee Square

Strength:

Not the fanciest looking helmet but you can't beat the price!!!!

It's a bit hot in warm weather.

This helmet saved my life! Last week, I crashed on a descent at approx 30 mph. When I went down, I remembered hitting both my left knee and the left side of my head on the road. I ended up with road rash, abrasions, and bruises on the left side of my body. The HELMET DID ITS JOB! The left side of the helmet had a dent on the shell with some of the foam missing. There were 3 separate external cracks and 2 separate internal cracks. I have no doubt the helmet saved me!

[Feb 06, 2011]
Cycle in J-ville

Strength:

Price, looks good

Tensioner did not hold up. Not enough ventilation

I bought this helmet summer of 2009. Last week the tensioner on the back locked up and broke just before a ride. Prior to that it was pretty decent helmet. Not enough ventilation for Florida summers, but not a bad helmet for the price.

Bell Solar, Specialized Propero

[Mar 25, 2010]
MattyFelt

Strength:

Colorful, Inexpensive

Fit, Weight

The Giro Transfer fits snug and securely. However, the helmet fits slightly tight, especially for my head.

Giro offers the Transfer in wide variety of colors. Therefore, I have one matching each bike. Giro also built a quality product.

The helmet has good air circulation and plenty of vents. I used the it year-round in a Mid-Atlantic state.

Bell, Giro, and Schwinn

[Oct 01, 2009]
Enemy--Ace

Strength:

After reading the reviews on Nashbar, including a couple of Giro Transfer helmetted riders who crashed, broke their Giro Transfer helmets, and survived, that was good enough for me. This helmet's vents keep me cool and I do sweat heavily. Helmet fit me almost perfectly right out of the box. Just a small chin strap adjustment. The racheting locking mechanism on the back snugs up the helmet just fine.

Bought the Giro Transfer on sale at Nashbar. Nice helmet. Only comparison was an older Rhode Gear kids helmet, and the Giro is a huge upgrade. Never have put on a $100+ helmet, and really don't know what they offer, but the idea is to save the head injury in a crash, which the reviewers on Nashbar attest to - and that's good enough for me. Highly recommend.

Rhode Gear