Lazer Sport O2 Helmets

O2

Top Technology and Top Fit With the Lazer O2 Helmet The O2 helmet from Lazer combines crash protection, good looks and comfort to create the perfect fitting helmet that will protect you on every ride. The O2 comes to the table with th...

Jon3234   Road Racer [Dec 24, 2010]

Great helmet. Light, durable, and the Rollsys system is amazing. I actually prefer this helmet over there more expensive helium and genesis helmets. It's lighter and has more vents and my shades fit it in perfect.

OVERALL
fetus19   Recreational Rider [Sep 14, 2009]
Strength:

Comfort, Fit, Quality, Price, Ventilation... Looks cool!

None so far

I bought this helmet a few months ago to replace an aging Limar that wasn't performing up to my "standards". I tend to sweat a lot as a rider and the Limar, though boasting 20+ vents, left a lot of hot spots on my head and caused a lot of sweat to run into my eyes or onto my sunglasses. I've noticed that a lot of companies tend to brag about how many vents their helmets may have, but I've found that it's not necessarily the number of vents that cool you down but rather where they're placed and how they're shaped. The O2's ventilation is GREAT! Since I've been wearing it I havent had the problems with sweat running down my forehead onto my glasses or into my eyes.
I considered the Bell Sweep and Giro Atmos helmets too but found the Lazer O2 to be more comfortable and quite a bit cheaper than the other two. I've used Bell, Giro, Limar and Specialized helmets in the past and have found this to be one of the most comfortable helmets I've ever owned. The retention system uses a metal wire rather than plastic gears and parts that I've found to break or strip over time.
I would recommend this helmet over many others that are well over the O2's price range. Why spend $150+ when you can spend ~$100 for something better?