Limar 909 Helmets

Limar 909 Helmets

The 909 is an extremely well-shaped helmet combining a small overall size with a low pro? le ? t and great air? ow. The two low front vents create what we call a ram-air-effect seen also in the motor sport.

[Jul 03, 2012]
Steve

Strength:

Comfortable with secure harness and looks good.

Expensive when I bought it 4-5 years ago. Pads deteriorate with use (ok, to be expected) but you can't get replacements.

Good looking and functional helmet but the unavailability of replacement pads and the high cost are turn-offs for me. I've bought a Louis Garneau Diamond to replace it.

[Nov 03, 2008]
Aaron seamster

Strength:

Looks cool

Bad quality

Do not buy this helmet- i have owned it for a year and it cracked- I did nopt have an accident or crash the helmet just cracked- Limar was unwilling to replace it b/c i lost the registration card...so make sure you register!

Giro helmet and Uvex helmet

[May 04, 2008]
robert

Strength:

Straps and head adjustment are very well designed. The overall design is beautiful. I also like the fact that the bottom part of the helmet has a molded base so when you put the helmet down on the ground, the high density foam does not get damaged.

I have the Limar 909 in Blue. This is probably one of the nicest looking helmets I have seen, one of the more comfortable ones as well. One of the issues I have with the other big names is that there is often not enough meat on the forehead area and the Limar 909 addresses this issue in an effective way. The peak on the front looks great and does not interfere with a cap. The straps are really comfortable and easy to adjust. The head adjustment is also very well designed. I have always used Limar and will probably keep buying the product. For the price, it's half of the Ionos, but is the Giro actually a safer helmet at $140.00 more?? likely not.

Giro Atmos, Pneumo.

[Jan 06, 2007]
Fred Brown

Strength:

It saved my life, good ventilation, easy dial adjustment system on the back, looks good and matches the bike :-)

Leaves helmet marks on the forehead, padding's a bit thin, not sure how this compares with other makes.

I'm writing this 3 days after surviving a fall down Mt.Baw Baw's 13 degree incline. My head hit the bitumen first, striking the right forehead. I'm sure I would have suffered massive head injuries or even death without it. All I have to show for the impact are just grazes and bruises. I wish the rest of the body had faired better, no broken bones though. The polystyrene inner shell did its job, its now cracked in many places. The outer shell, flattened at the impact point, is still in one piece. Having survived I cannot for the life of me understand cyclists who dont wear helmets !