MET Stradivarius Helmets

• Weight: 270 grams

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 29, 2008]
    Wayne

Strength:

Style, fit, lightweight, ventilation

I received the latest Strad as a replacement after a being hit by a car. My previous helmet sustained a terminal crack and saved my head at the same time, Yeah for helmets! This is a great piece of safety gear.

[Nov 27, 2007]
    ar1981

Strength:

comes with MET helmet pod.
    Light in weight.
    Kevlar straps

Sits too high on your forehead (A weakness in my opinion)
    Can give you a mushroom head look

First of all, this is the MET Stradivarius 199 in white/carbon.

I wasn't sure about this helmet... from photos It looked to give the mushroom head syndrome appearance... When I received it the first thing that hit me was how snugly it fits... Its almost tight! (You can't move the thing on your head AT ALL) it just sits Straight onto your head) If you like to tilt your helmet down to avoid showing too much forehead, this isn't the helmet for you! It's physically impossible to do so.

However, the helmet has grown on me. I now think it looks quite good. Apart from the fact that finding glasses that suit this helmet is kind of hard (Oakley M-Frames are out in my opinion)

It is light, extremely well vented and you don't even have to really tighten the chin straps.. it sits tight on your head

[Feb 13, 2007]
    Kresho

Strength:

Good looking, ventilation, nice colors, light

Pads from inside could drop but nothing serious

The price of this helmet was reduced from 120 euros to 85 eurom. That's the price I couldn't refuse. Bought it in red color to match my jersey.

[Feb 13, 2007]
    Kresho

Strength:

Goodlooking, light, good ventilation

Pads form the inside could drop. Nothing serious.

Bought it at sale - the price was reduced from 120 euros to 84. That's the offer I couldn't resufe.

[Jul 20, 2006]
    Noel Crosbie

Strength:

1. FIT
    2.Style,Style Style!!!!(ITALIANO)
    3.Coolness
    4.3 year warranty

1.Wee bit overpriced
    2.No team Graphics
    3.No Helmet bag or pod like GIRO

I was lucky enough to purchase MET's Stradivarius II after my BELL Aquila was destroyed after been hit by a motorist.After seeing what the bitumen does to the microshell on these helmets i decided to buy THE BEST.I nearly bought the old Stradi firstly being lured by it's aero,jet fighter good looks but decided on the Stradi II after comparing the two side by side.The Stradi II has better positioned retaining straps & the back of the helmet comes lower which protects the back of the head not just the top it also is a more compact helmet than the legendary Stradivarius I with larger cooling vents but shorter length on top of the head unlike the old one which was longer & swoopier similar to the TT helmets but not as exaggerated.the elongated vents on the Stradi II seem to let more air in without the wind noise of the old one.Both helmet fitted my bonce perfectly and are extremly comfortable.the new one was a beautiful peacock blue & the Oldie a stylish Blue/Navy Fade
    Price of old Stradi $200AUD

Eskylid,Headway,Bell

[Jul 11, 2005]
    GiantNigel

Strength:

For my noggin, a perfect fit (at last); didn't think it could've gotten better than my Boreas, but it did. Excellent ventilation (probably standard for a top-end helmet). A work of art to behold; aggressive styling and a great color fade.

Can't fine a weakness, honestly, except that MET doesn't sell their products stateside. I didn't mind at all searching the Web and ordering from the UK; no trubs for me. Arrived in one week flat.

PRICE: $114.50 includes shipping from the UK. Very reasonable to me considering the following. LOOKS: Loved the look of this lid from first sight; made me want one. A more compact profile than my Giro Boreas, so it appears smaller (which I like) than the Giro; all in the shape and that it's not so round in front. Very streamlined appearance. Royal-to-navy blue fade is lovely. FIT: Fits more snug (perfectly so) than my Boreas, which was pleasantly surprising since that helmet fit better than previous models I've owned. Zero side-to-side or front-to-back movement, and VERY comfortable. No movement means it's like wearing no lid at all. I wore a Small in Giro sizing and wasn't sure about the Medium/Large sizing (only two helmet sizes) from MET (hoped it'd be small enough for my head). The "Medium" (54-57cm) size provides a perfect fit for me. VENTILATION: At least as well ventilated as my Boreas (Giro's top-end helmet a couple years back). Also offers a nicer removeable forehead pad than the Giro. More noticeable wind-rushing sound due to the vent placement, but it's quite pleasant and unobtrusive--not a distraction; confirms that the vents are doing their job! ADJUSTABILITY: Equal to my Boreas, which is to say equal to most/all top-line helmets (in my research); very easy to adjust--if need be--while riding. Easy and quick to make room for headbands/caps due to the ratcheting mechanism at the back. PRODUCT QUALITY: Outer shell seamlessly and very neatly bonded to the foam beneath. Even the underside rim of the helmet has the smooth layer of colored plastic on it. Superb quality control and finish.

Giro Boreas, various Specialized lids.

[Sep 24, 2004]
    luigi1227

Strength:

Appearance, weight, cost (even at an import cost it was cheaper than the Giro).

None so far.

This helmet fit me from the package, unlike the Giro Pneumo I had been using. I thought the Giro was the best helmet for me until I received the Met Stradivarius. The vents just suck the air over your head. The helmet looks great, to boot.

A variety of Giro helmets.

[Jul 19, 2004]
    Colnago_Chic

Strength:

As above. Also MET have a great crash 3-yr. crash replacement warranty system.

Price. I got mine on the crash-replacement scheme (which previous old-helmet owner neglected to take advantage of) which brought the price down to cost(?) New I think they're pricey at AUD$220+ Nothing else yet.

Moulding and shape much better than my previous MET fireball helmet. Extra venting great when climbing hills. Lightweight. Fit seems to be more snug also.

MET Fireball

[Jan 23, 2004]
    borisz
    Cross Country Rider

Strength:

Very good looks! Good ventillation in road, in mountains not the best. Good colors. Looks good again:)

Too big.

First of all, its a great helmet, its really good, but its not best for me. I had a Met Anaxagore, an Mtb helmet, and im still riding mtb, so i feel its not the best for mtb. The anaxagore is much smaller (i have the bigger one stradivarius), the anaxagore fitted much better than this, but i cant wore that with cap in winters probably. So it was better in summer. I crashed with this helmet a month ago, it felt good. I kissed the car quite much, and the helmet is fully wearable, very little damaged.

Anaxagore

[Nov 04, 2003]
    Dave Hickey
    Weekend Warrior

Strength:

Fit, cooling properties, looks. Easy to adjust

Strap required a rubberband to keep from slipping

Exellent helmet. I used it for about 200 miles and it's very comfortable. I have a round head and this helmet fits me perfect. It fits much better than my Pnuemo. I ordered from bikedock.com in the UK on a Sunday and had the helmet at my door in Texas on Friday. No duties were paid.

Giro Pnuemo