Spiuk Nexion Helmets

Spiuk Nexion Helmets

The NEXION Helmet represents the ultimate in road helmet design and technology. It is a Rolls Royce of helmets, sporting the most desirable technical assets and maximum style. It is truly one of the most comfortable helmets you will ever wear.

[Aug 13, 2015]
Gordtex

Strength:

Good looking and comfortable lid. Good price point.

Beware! Dangerous. Harness failure.

I had an early model Nexion helmet that I had to retire because of age about two years ago. So I went to eBay and found two offers for these helmets that really sounded too good to pass up. They were brand new but sold as New Old Stock. They were quite comfortable and I have worn them since then. But one recent morning, as I was pulling on one of the helmets for a group ride, the strap/harness snapped off from it's mount inside the helmet. WTF? When I looked closely at the way the harness attached to the helmet shell, I could see that the there were just two rather tiny plastic tabs that inserted inside a small receiver. Not very substantial at all.

These helmets have been well cared for and never crashed. I even wash them once or twice a month depending on riding mileage. That the securing strap should break during such a normal activity as putting it on is a red flag warning. I wrote Spiuk but they blew me off saying that these were old model helmets that they no longer produce. Not a word of apology or concern about the dangerous failure of the harness. I've thrown both helmets into the trash as I wouldn't want someone else to risk their lives with one these things.

I have since learned that Kask makes a great helmet.

Giro Pneumo. Bell Sweep. Kask Dieci.

[Jun 30, 2008]
cjn14

Strength:

Comfort and light weight

Might not be as good of air flow compared to atmos or sweep. seems noisy when at 25-30 mph speed.

Perfect fit between a med. and large from Giro or Bell. The netting/padding system although may block some air flow, makes the helmet disappear on your head. Rode in 80-90 degree weather and air flow is adequate (only comparing to Specialized King Cobra from 2003). Can't compare air flow from Atmos or Sweep, but for me, the comfort and light weight make it perfect for my needs.

Specialized Sub Six and King Cobra

[Dec 21, 2007]
Dajianshan

Nice fit. Light! Great air flow.