Bellwether Screaming Mimi Rain Jacket Jackets/Vests

Screaming Mimi Rain Jacket

Completely wind and waterproof translucent rain jacket. Mesh panel underarms enhance breathability. Zippered front closure reflective piping elastic waist and cuffs.

alba831   Road Racer [Dec 21, 2008]
Strength:

Cheap + keeping you dry + cutting the wind = a much warmer ride.

Maybe no insulation could be a weakness, but it's just a light overjacket, so I'm not worried about that. Just layer up and you'll be fine.

After putting in a 60+ mile ride in the rain and cold I had to review this jacket. This is the first rain cape/jacket I've used and I think it was one of my best purchases. While I still was damp from sweat and had some capillary creep soak my forearms, this jacket kept me warmer and much, much drier than I would have otherwise been. It's an insulated piece so you still should wear your warm gear underneath, but the jacket cut the wind and kept out the rain. On a day like today, that's priceless. And for something like 20 bucks, it's a steal.

I don't know about the longevity since this was my first ride, but I'll update my review later if there are any problems.

Similar Products Used: None.
OVERALL