Pearl Izumi Focus Jerseys

Pearl Izumi Focus Jerseys

[Jun 14, 2008]
Blue Sugar

Strength:

Well made, understated style, wicks moisture well, vented armpits, sized to fit well on the bike.

Mesh collar gives poor sun protetion, sized small.

Unlike the previous reviewer, I actally bought this jersey and have used it for a few months. All in all I'm happy. The jersey is well-made, reasonably stylin in an understated way, wicks moisture well, and fits my typically American physique (broad shoulders and a long torso)- although I had to buy it a size larger. The front is cut short and the back long to fit well on the bike. The jersey has mesh armpits and back-of-the-neck area. Last week I road a 70-mile charity ride in extreme heat and humidity, and the jersey kept me as cool and dry as you could expect it to. My only gripe is that the mesh on the back of the neck doesn't protect you from sunburn, so you'll have to wear sunscreen there. Otherwise a nice jersey for the money.

Opsal lion of Flanders, 10 year old Pearl Izumi.

OVERALL
[May 13, 2005]
bigpoppapitts

Strength:

Price Mesh sides and sleeve panels

Zipper Weird fit No reflective areas for nite-time

Saw on sale and figured I would try it on. I am usually a Large, but didn't fit this Large, and X-Large was too big. Zipper was also cheap, and I could not easily zip with one hand. The zipper also stuck out past the bottom where it was stiched in a good three inches, which was annoying me just in the store, can't imagine that jabbing me all day on a bike. All in all the jersey just seemed cheap to me and I decided to pass. If you find one that fits well and has a working zip it'd be a good buy. Two chilis for value, and one for overall, as a t-shirt would serve you better.

Sugoi, Pace, Racer replicas,