Adidas Frosco Shoes

Frosco

• Kangaroo leather upper.
  • Carbon fiber composite outsole.
  • Three carbon reinforced straps for pressure distribution.
  • A perforated sockliner in combination with the Windstream System for moisture management.

• User Reviews (6)

rusa1586   Recreational Rider [Jul 07, 2003]
    Strength:

Supple upper, stiff sole, light weight, price.

Narrow, grey/yellow color rather than black.

I like these shoes. They are kind of narrow, but I was able to get a good fit by going up a size. The sole is stiff enough to insulate my foot from the pedal and I haven't had hot spots with either Look or EggBeater pedals. The upper is particularly comfy, supple enough to fit well to my foot.

Similar Products Used: Diador, Nike
    Jon   Road Racer [May 05, 2003]
    Strength:

lightweight, looks,

time fitting only, but i use time so it aint a problem

excellent, best shoes i've used

Similar Products Used: Time CX yellow and red £130 shoes
    rt5000   Road Racer [Nov 26, 2002]

Poor cleat positioning. No way to get the look cleat under the ball of the foot.

This is a comfortable shoe to try on and is nice looking, but it had one fatal flaw: the Look cleat mounts were too far forward on the shoe. I use Speedplay, which has a small amount of adjustability, and even with them pushed all the way back it felt like I was riding on my toes. I returned the shoes.

Similar Products Used: Nike Gabuche duo
    ctank   Recreational Rider [Oct 23, 2002]
    Strength:

light weight kangaroo leather (very supple & breathable) carbon straps don't creep or stretch overall good look (mine are titanium colored with yellow and black trim, not the hot pink team telekom colors available through performance)

kangaroo leather scuffs on toe easily (but then again supple and durable don't usually go together.

I had never used a true road shoe and pedal combo up until now. I've been into mtn. biking for about 5 years now and got my first road bike about 2 years ago. initially i wore my Sidi Dominator 2's with Icon SoleMate pedals and was not pleased with SPD. i then began using Crank Bros. pedals when they came out late last year, first with the Sidi's and then with the Adidas. Ultimately, i was unhappy with the Crank Bros. for use as a road pedal, even with their road specific cleats. i have had knee problems since i began riding on the road and had been looking for a solution to my knee pain. i decided to get the Look PP396 from totalcycling.com in the UK for only $69 plus shipping. WOW, these pedals are great. Since this isn't a review for the pedals i'll get back to the shoes. while i do believe there is a stiffer sole out there (probably anything full carbon) when you use a pedal with a large platform like the Look compared to the Crank Bros. and SPD the sole is plenty stiff for me. also, in response to the reviewer before me, i do not think that one ride is enough to determine the overall potential of a product, especially shoes. now, while i'm 6'3" but only 160 and do have a narrow foot, these shoes are a good fit for me personally. take it from me, someone who has dealt with knee pain and foot numbness, these shoes are definitely worth a shot. especially at the price i paid.

Similar Products Used: Sidi Dominator 2 mtn.
    RoadieRob   Road Racer [Jul 19, 2002]
    Strength:

Light, nice leather, good looking (even the Team Telekom scheme).

Weak sole, hot spots, poor design for top-of-the-line shoes.

In my apparent never ending search for the perfect road shoe, I have been trying numerous mail order sale shoes. Regretably, they have all been returned as well, including the Frosco I tested today to be sent back Monday. Though it has a striking appearance and very soft leather all-around, the sole is an inlaid "carbon-like" substance which covers only 50% of the entire sole. It therefore lacks the true stiffness of a full carbon sole (Shimano). In climbing several hills tonight at various percent grades, the Look cleat digs into your foot through the sole. You can actually feel the cleat pattern in the bottom of your foot (similar to Diadora Ergo's - my review as well). The fit is fair, designed primarily for slim feet. The three "carbon reinforced" straps appeared solid, but the first major yank on them pulled my foot close to the edge of popping out. They are good for spinning and seated climbing - any further pull in a sprint or hood-climb may cause your feet to pop out. After 51 miles, I started to feel some hot spots in the upper, outside areas beneath the cleat. By 56 miles, my feet were burning heavily. Though the adds state Telekom uses these shoes, we all need to be realistic that retail shoes are in the peleton in the TdeF.

Similar Products Used: Diadora, Shimano, Pearl Izumi, Nike, etc...
    litespeeder   Road Racer [Apr 03, 2002]
    Strength:

Weight; carbon soles; carbon straps; cooling vents

Kangaroo leather scuffs easily

A friend works at Adidas, and they get huge markdowns at the factory store. I asked her to pick up some road shoes "if they had my size and are cheap," meaning to get a backup pair. She showed up with these suckers: $215 mail order! I was pretty stoked, and continue to be. These things are awesome. Very light weight, great cooling system, very comfortable, and they look sweet. Kangaroo leather could be a little tougher, but I''d have to say they were worth a lot more than I paid. If I wear them out I''ll buy another pair, even at full price.

Similar Products Used: Sidi; Northwave; Nike; Diadora; Adidas; Time. You name it, I''ve worn it.