Diadora Ergo Shoes

Ergo

Diadora Ergo Road Shoe. Ergo is a high performance shoe that provides maximum efficiency and support for all day comfort.

pnkmaggt   Triathlete [Aug 02, 2010]
Strength:

good ventilation. Very stiff

ratchet design night the greatest for narrow feet.
Poor walking surfave

Bought the shoe as an intro to serious riding and was strapped for $$$. Not bad but I have a narrow foot and the glue has start to come apart to the point where my shoes ratchet to their last clip but its not enough. Dont get this if you have narrow feet you will be upsett@!!

Similar Products Used: Sidi
windinhair   Road Racer [Nov 16, 2005]
Strength:

Well ventilated is about it. If your looking for a year round shoe, don't get this if you live in a chilly area. I'll take Shimano's design on ventilation over Diadora

Back heel lifting off sole after one month, glue weak. Uppers are sloppy and not firm enough for me. People ignore the uppers and want only stiff soles and carbon, but the upper is important on the up stroke and ignored in this shoe

I know a good shoe after 30 years of cycling and Diadora is not a great shoe. For the life of me, I still can't figure out why their design people insist on using the circular heel disc on the underside. Have you ever been on wet pavement with it or a smooth cement/asphalt surface? For get about it, it's like ice. Look at the sewing in the interior of the shoe, and it looks like someone took a lunch break, and ignored the detail For all those that believe the ratchet adjustment is second to none...please, there are so many other shoe makers with the same thing, works the same, does the same.

zyppyty   Road Racer [Apr 07, 2004]
Strength:

Well ventilated. Fairly light. Ratchet easy to adjust while riding. Easy to find good deal on ebay.

2-strap design limits usefulness for some. Retail price not very attractive.

I needed to replace training shoes and didn't want to spend a lot of cash. I tried these at the LBS but thought they were too expensive for my needs (probably has more than a little to do with the awful exchange rate for US dollars these days). Fortunately found a pair on ebay (very easy to find these days for $40-$60). They're fairly light, well ventilated, and the ratchet mechanism works pretty well. I'm not a big fan of those things and don't like having little breakable plastic parts but this design is easy to adjust while riding and seems pretty sturdy. I've learned long ago not to make any compromises in foot comfort and they have taken some tweaking to fit properly but overall I can't complain. Take your time getting fitted, of course. My foot is a little wider than average (but not Sidi Mega type wide) and I like a little extra room around my toes for longer rides and these seemed about right. I think the 2-strap design is better suited for tri or randonee riding but if you're looking for a serious racing shoe you probably wouldn't look at these to begin with. I have had no problem with flexing or discomfort from cleats during sprints.

Similar Products Used: Sidi, Northwave, etc.
jjohnlee   Triathlete [Mar 05, 2004]
Strength:

fit, stiffness

price

I like this shoe a lot. The ratchet type adjustment works very well to dial in a comfortable fit. You can even make adjustments to fit while riding.

Similar Products Used: none
DG   Recreational Rider [Oct 03, 2002]
Strength:

Price. Microlock buckle. Stiffness.

A little heavy.

After wearing out a pair of Sidi Genius 2s, it was time for new shoes, but the Sidis had 2 serious marks against them: 1) the Sidis recessed cleat area provides the benefit of smaller spindle to sole distance, but it also makes the sole flexier; 2) Sidis pricing has become a scam, and the Genius3 "millenium sole" doesn't justify a 25% markup over the Genius2. But I really like having a microlock buckle so I can adjust tightness even when wearing booties, and the Diadoras had them. I noticed immediately that they were stiffer than the Sidis. If you're overweight and like to pretend you're Pantani by climbing while standing, you may get a hotspot in these and any other shoes.

Similar Products Used: Sidi Genius2
RoadieRob   Road Racer [Jul 14, 2002]
Strength:

Fit well and look nice.

Soft sole for serious riders.

Good fitting, but not much more. For racing, the sole is too soft - climbing will dig the cleat into your feet! They would make a good recreational shoe, but not at their cost.

Similar Products Used: Shimano, Specialized, Nike, etc...
jnbacon   Commuter [Mar 07, 2002]
Strength:

Fit great, no comfort problems, easy on and off without losing settings, I can them snug without cutting off circulation.

Not a winter shoe

Very few complaints. It does what I need it to do, in a very comfortable way. The ratchets work great to keep the shoes firmly on my feet, and allow easy on and off without losing settings, like with velcro-only straps. The mesh and other vents keep my feet cool. Probably the only complaint I have is that they are too cool for my early morning, before the sun is up commute. My feet are usually numb with cold when I get to work, but that''''s only in the winter.

Dan   Recreational Rider [Jan 03, 2002]
Strength:

Not expensive. Air vent in front is handy when it''s hot. Plenty stiff.

What''s big deal about ratchet? Pinches foot in middle

Shoe looks good and fits speedplay cleat but pinches my size 11 & 1/2 feet in the middle after 20 to 30 miles. Good value but a numb foot puts a damper on things. I''m going to try Times.

Similar Products Used: Old diadora lace up and host of mountain shoes that, yes, I also used on the road
Hugh   Triathlete [Sep 30, 2001]
Strength:

Fit, looks

None yet

These shoes fit great. They are appropriately snug. I''ve been riding with mtb shoes on my SPD''s for the last year. I definitely can feel an improvement.