DMT Prisma Shoes

Prisma

The DMT Prisma Shoe features nine layers of 40Ton High Modulus Carbon Fiber making the CX Carbon sole light as hell and stiffer than a two-by-four nailed to the bottom of your foot. Soft and secure frontal 2X-Density Control straps prevent feet from shifting or lifting, and the receptacle heel and toe studs make comfort and grip a reality. You may wind up handing the DMT Prismas down to your children someday.

tim   [Mar 28, 2015]
Strength:

Comfort, Weight, Looks.

Cannot beleave a company would put such a weak and flimsy ratcheting system on the market. I hope that engineer got fired. Very very poor and weak design.

Comfortable and good looking shoe with the waekest ratcheting system that should never have gone to market. You have to be extremely carefull when ratcheting with the weak and flimsy ratchet that they put on these shoes.

Everytime i put these shoes on im scared ratchet is going to break.

Mark G   Recreational Rider [Jan 01, 2012]
Strength:

Fit, stiffness, comfort, Speedplay pattern means no adapter! Got mine on sale, so good value.

Dang buckles - lost a star because of this alone.

I usually use a 45 in Specialized, and that's what I ordered and they fit fine. They run a tad wide, which I need since I have a wider foot. Tried on 45.5 and a 44.5 and they were too large and too small, respectively. The 44.5 seem much narrower on my foot while the 45.5 was just too long. The ratcheting system on the 2011 model was fragile, but the new ones are supposed to be much better. My left buckle was actually broke when I received it, but will be getting new ones. The soles are stiff and the shoe is very comfortable. This shoe would be perfect is it wasn't for the buckle, which in all fairness has been redesigned for 2012 I have heard.

Similar Products Used: Specialized
Normanshouse   Recreational Rider [Sep 18, 2010]
Strength:

fit, looks, speedplay sole

RAM

Great shoes, until the RAM on the left shoe stopped ratcheting. When they work, their great; cable tightens the entire front of shoe rather then just the top as with many other road shoes. I take a 34 shoe, so I ordered a 34.5 and the fit was perfect. Used these shoes with speed play cleats for about two weeks and loved every minute, then the left RAM stopped working and I was SOL. They say that the RAM and cable is replaceable. OK, I believe it but good luck finding a replacement part in the USA. I’m returning the shoes for a pair without the RAM system (cheap plastic housing with plastic gears). Shoes get a 5 star rating, RAM system gets a 1 star.