Gaerne Podium Road Shoes

Podium Road

Pro level race shoe with Rilsan nylon outsole handcrafted in Italy.Quick-Change positive lock ratcheting buckle system.Two velcro straps

Alex   Road Racer [Feb 01, 2007]
Strength:

The quality of the leather is very good, after a few rides these shoes really mould themselves to your foot. Sole is stiff enough to get all the power transfer you need without creating hot spots. Italian craftsmanship. Also the ratchet and buckle system is made of aluminum, not plastic like some other companies.

Probably as a result of being stiff without using carbon is the weight. These aren't the lightest shoes out there. Availablitiy

These were on closeout and I needed to get shoes that were a bit bigger than the shoes I owned at the time (TIME Equipe CXs)

The MSRP on these is way more than 100$ listed on RBR for some reason. I think they retailed for like 130+ and the carbon model was like 180+. These are great shoes with a wider toe box than some other Italian shoes.

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi, Time Equipe CX
OVERALL
Super_Sycho   Recreational Rider [Jun 23, 2005]
Strength:

Excellent fit Good price

Not the lightest shoe

Garne shoes have a wide toe box and narrow heels. They work well with my orthotics. I am plagued by "hot foot." These shoes help prevent it. I have 2 pairs of Garne's from 1995. When these were closed out in 2004, I had to get a pair. They were a great value for the money.