Rocket Rocket 7 Shoe Shoes

Rocket Rocket 7 Shoe Shoes

Handmade shoes

[Aug 27, 2018]
Rocket7

Strength:

The strengths of this shoe is the power transfer and fit.

The weakness’s with Rocket7 in the past was that we depended on pedorthists to make molds for us and with doing that, we are receiving molds and info for people who make orthotics and not shoes. We make a shoe with the information provided and do our best to please every customers needs but some customers are more difficult than others. We do our utmost best to satisfy everyone’s specific needs. R7

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018
[Dec 28, 2010]
thom

Strength:

For a custom fit this is the way to go.

Watch the heel pads as they will come off and you can crack the carbon sole. This is fixable though.

If you need a custom set of shoes because your feet are f'cked up then drop the money, do it right and be done with it. Two pairs and 6 years later they are both doing fine and holding up surprisingly well. All out of the box shoes I tried were too narrow in the fore foot to work and I had lots of discomfort as a result. Having had several pairs of custom running orthotics made and experienced the positive results this seemed like a no brainer.

Custom molded running orthotics

[Apr 14, 2009]
editmire

Strength:

The shoes are comfortable, with relatively pliable uppers, and I think having 3 velcro straps is a big benefit. I know almost every shoe uses some sort of ski-like ratchet system on the top strap, but the velcro is comfortable, never slips, and you can adjust it easily while riding. Don't think there's a lighter shoe on the market.

These aren't especially cool looking I think, the only things cool you can't see much (the carbon sole), or the fact that its a shoe some racers choose (i.e. aren't paid to wear)... I guess at list or custom prices they're super expensive, but I didn't pay that...

I really like these shoes, mine are not custom, but they happen to fit my feet almost as if they were... I have a high-arch, which sometimes is a problem in some shoes, but isn't here.

Specialized (not sure the model, nothing fancy)...

[Apr 12, 2009]
David Killen

Strength:

Fit and hardiness.

These shoes a superb!

I have one leg shorter than the other by 11mm. Prior to having these shoes made to order I had nothing but problems with my opposite foot getting numb, and saddle soreness on the short side. After using these for 2 years I can only say that they have kept me cycling when other wise I would have had to quit.

[Feb 15, 2008]
PBM

NOTE: This is for shoes purchased in 2004.

I cannot imagine spending $1,300 for these things now.

See above. They fit so poorly I cannot ride them.

These shoes are absolutely terrible.

While the shoes themselves seem very good quality the fit is horrid.

After having trouble with burning pain in the ball of my foot I decided to try the custom shoe route.

I worked with a podiatrist to get molds and crush box sent to Rocket 7, along with a drawing of my feet (including cleat placement) and my current full length orthotics.

The first shoes they made the sole was nowhere near close to my orthotics. The heel cup did not fit my heel, nor was the toe box in the correct position.

After discussing Dean, I went back to the podiatrist and had him review the shoes and how they fit. The podiatrist sent Dean his notes and Rocket 7 ended up building a second pair of shoes.

The second pair was better but the heel cup still did not fit correctly, the last of the shoe seemed to push my foot outward, the toe box was too small AND the holes for the cleats were WAY to far back to come close to the ball of my foot.

I sent them back for an adjustment (marking the shoe for proper placement). They redrilled the cleats holes and they are now barely far enough forward and enlarged the toe box as much as they could.

They have absolutely refused to perform any further alterations or refund my money. I cannot imagine why, it’s not like I provided them information on my own; I worked with a podiatrist who was recommend by a podiatrist they have worked with in another state.

Lake, Time, Shimano, Northwave

[Sep 23, 2007]
Blonder Tongue

Strength:

fit

price, performance

spent alot of time in previous review and it never appeared on the site so here
go's: not worth the money, feet hurt, required additional purchase of footbeds
to make them usable.