Sidi Genius 4 Mega Shoes

Genius 4 Mega

jarhead-usmc   Road Racer [May 20, 2006]
Strength:

The perfect shoe for big guys with big, wide feet.

None, these are the only shoes for guys with wide feet.

I am a short stocky guy with wide feet. I have a pair of Nike Lance II's and few pairs of Poggio's. Those shoes are very light and cool looking but KILLED my feet after about 20 min. in the ride. I found out about the Sidi Mega's for us riders with big wide feet. I got to say these shoes are AMAZING. No more hot spots or pain !!!!! Long rides are so much more comfortable now. These are the perfect shoes for bigger guys with wide feet !!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Nike Lance II
Nike Poggio I
Nike Poggio II
Nike Poggio III
westpenncyclist   Road Racer [May 19, 2005]
Strength:

They're black Great place to hide knick-knacks and trinkets.

No arch support Toebox too narrow Insole too flat

Sidi shoes are by and far the most over priced and overrated cycing shoe on the market and is devoid of any functional design elements. The insole is flat, too wide at the heal, and too narrow at the forefoot. They offer no arch support and the toebox is too cramped. Even the Mega model I wore is too narrow in the forefoot. The entire year I wore them, I suffered from "hotspots" and "toe numbness." I honestly believe that those who rate these shoes highly are either shills or have never tried a high-end shoe from another manufacturer. These shoes are so badly designed I thought my feet were severely malformed and that I needed custom shoes. But after consulting with a sports pedorthist and a podiatrist, I discovered I simply needed a shoe designed to fit the human foot. I've been told that Sidi aficionados that they’re a so-called "European style" shoe. I'm not sure what the means. Every European I've ever met had human feet. Shimano, Specialized, and Carnac all make a superior high-end shoe in both form and function. [For the record, I have an “E” width foot.]

Similar Products Used: Shimmano R215-E Specialized 05 Pro Carbon Road Specialized 05 Comp Road Carnac M5 Carbon
adams_va   Recreational Rider [Jan 26, 2005]
Strength:

Comfortable for the American Foot. One of the few that will fit a wide foot well!

Exspensive

If you have a wide foot, these are the way to go! Longest ride in these was 98 miles, normal ride 27 miles 4 days a week. Being x-mil I know what an uncomfortable shoe can do. I paid the price for these and out of all the cash I have spent, these were well worth what I paid for the type of riding I do!

Similar Products Used: NA
cthomas   Recreational Rider [Nov 27, 2004]
Strength:

Light, durable, classic look, stiff sole.

None.

Bought these to upgrade from my Genius 3's. I can wear the standard width, but prefer the mega's with a thicker insert. Sidi's are flat out comfortable. They feel great right out of the box, and the stiffness of the sole is impressive. I am a big rider and never have hotspot's with these shoes (ridden with both Look and Speedplay pedals). I don't like the arch compression strap as well as the leather flap on the Genius 3's, but the buckle is a great improvement (the pin's work loose on the 3's). The durability of the Sidi Lorica is impressive. I was always putting polish on my Carnac's for the scuffs. The Sidi's only need a little leather luster to clean them and they look good as new.

Similar Products Used: Carnac Matrix, Shimano, other Sidi's.