Sidi Genius 4 Road Shoes

Genius 4 Road

Our most popular shoe is upgraded for 2004 with Sidi’s Millennium II sole for no-adapter compatibility with any current pedal system. Shoe-to-pedal height is reduced 1.5mm. Arch compression ratcheting strap technology with two forefoot Velcro straps for a glove-like fit. Available in three widths; Mega, Standard, and Narrow in the black Lorica. Mega and Standard widths in the Silver Lorica/black mesh.

tthiel   Road Racer [Dec 28, 2005]
Strength:

Fit, quality construction, Mega size option, looks.

None!

I actually have the Genius 5. I have been wearing Carnacs for quite awhile now but they were wearing out so I looked into other brands and was especially interested in Sidi's because they have the Mega model for people with wide feet. I bought the Size 48 Megas. I had tried the Sid Mega when they first came out several years ago but didn't like them because the fit was not proportianal. They have fixed that and the 48 megas fit me very well. They are also much lighter than the Carnacs. I didn't think I would like the ratcheting top strap but it tunrs out I do. The compression tab in the middle helps alot and they are easy to adjust even while you are riding. Make sure you adjust the right side of the top strap. I thought the strap was too short for me until I realized you can adjsut the other end. These shoes fit and look great and I'm very happy with them. Wish I had switched sooner.

Similar Products Used: Sidi, Carnac, Lake
OVERALL
fitzgerh   Road Racer [May 24, 2004]

I picked up these shoes for 180 dollars at my local bike shop, and they are wonderful! While they are not carbon, they are very stiff and responsive. I've had them out for several hours without any discomfort, and they have good ventilation.