Sidi Genius 5.5 Carbon Composite Shoes

Sidi Genius 5.5 Carbon Composite Shoes

• Sidi’s newCarbon Composite sole is the highest quality injected carbon fiber design. The exceptionally light sole balances power transfer and foot health for the high-performance, high-mileage cyclist . The breathable, supple, durable Lorica Microfiber Upper keeps feet comfortable with cooling mesh inserts and t he new heel cup is vented and reflective for added comfort and visibility. The Caliper buckle allows for easy on-the-bike fit adjustment and the soft instep closure system and padded tongue eliminate pressure points. Another feature unique to Sidi, the High Security Velcro® won’t shift or slip. The replaceable heel pad enhances walkability. The Genius 5.5 is available in Standard and Mega widths.
  • Colors available: Black/black, Steel/Titanium
  • Sizes 38-48 Standard, 40-48 Mega

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 23, 2009]
    cranking downunder

Strength:

Build quality
    Consistent Sizing and fit between models
    Comfort
    Adjustment
    Carbon Sole
    Looks
    Removable inner sole

Hard to find a shop in Australia that will let u try them on without committing to buying
    Have to shop around for good price

I tried on many brands of shoes and found their fit and comfort varied greatly between models of the same size. For a while I felt I would never find a shoe to suit me. Bike shops here in Sydney wouldn't let me try on Sidi unless I committed to the buy first. How could I agree to buy something that was likely not to fit too? Finally one shop agreed to let me try on a set. Fantastic! and they fitted like a glove! (or should that be shoe?) Every Sidi model I tried on fitted perfectly and felt comfortable. The shop had a great range and cut almost $100 of the price. I can now confidently buy any model Sidi shoe and know the shoe will fit. The sole is stiff and I feel the power transfer is excellent. My feet don't sweat much in summer and are quite warm in Sydney Winters. I use toe warmers mainly to protect the front of the shoe from scuffing. The show adjustment is excellent. I had to change the heel pad as it was warn after 2 years.

OVERALL
    [Jan 18, 2009]
    tsutaoka

Strength:

Comfort, Light, Priced well if you purchase online

None so far

True comfort. Went back to Sidi after trying Shimano and Nike. Like my past Sidi shoes, they came in without any need for break-in. Sidi is it for me! Never again would I stray away from these great shoes.

Shimano R215, Nike