Sidi Titan Shoes

Titan

gbose   Recreational Rider [Jul 31, 2004]
Strength:

Light, incredibly comfortable -- like a glove! 3-strp design seems to work well -- holds shoe tight, even on upstrokes.

None that I've seen.

Just tried out my new Sidi Titans. Very pleased indeed. Admittedly, my standards are low -- I've only used the Nashbar house-brand road shoes (Nashbar Shadows, actually v. good shoes!). Great value for what I paid (about $85 incl shipping).

Similar Products Used: Nashbar Shadow (actualy v. good), Lake MX80 mountain shoes.
inflight510   Recreational Rider [Jun 21, 2004]
Strength:

Good fit, very ergo

scuffs up easliy. I was expecting more durabilty from SIDI but the material is not abrasion resistant.

good snug fit and works well when pulling up. My foot does not slip around too much and the sole is fairly stiff. Good quality overall but I am glad I only paid $50. Not worth full price. See weaknesses

Similar Products Used: Specialized Comp 1996, Specialized Pro 1999.
Mike   Road Racer [Mar 15, 2003]
Strength:

Great fit, stiff sole, Sidi quality, good durability, good ventilation.

Water resistance

These shoes feel very similar to the Genius. They have the same sole, the same stiffness, and the same fit. They are better ventilated than the Genius, but less water resistant. I wear size 50, so shoe selection is easy - I buy what fits, and Sidi is pretty much all that fits. Luckily they're pretty much the best brand around. I have size 50 Sidi Dominators with the arch compression strap. The Titans don't have the strap, they have 3 velcro straps instead. But I don't miss the buckle at all. I'm actually able to get the velcro strap tighter than the Dom. buckle, so I like them better. And the price is much nicer. I ride hard and these shoes perform.