Specialized 05 Comp Carbon Womens Road Shoe Shoes

05 Comp Carbon Womens Road Shoe

Specifically designed to meet the fit and performance requirements of the enthusiast woman road rider. Body Geometry design with a F.A.C.T. sole make for an incredible combination of performance and superior comfort.

fatcat   Road Racer [Oct 29, 2005]

I reviewed this shoe in May when I purchased it. The shoe has held up very well after 6 months of riding and looks almost brand new. The coating on the carbon sole knicking did not turn out to be a problem. I wore this shoe throughout the summer here and up to 107 degrees without any problems. In fact, I enjoy wearing this shoe so much, that I haven't switched back and forth between my other shoes. I will purchase another pair next year or when they wear out. It is now starting to cool off here and I will cover the air holes with tape and wear toe covers as needed for winter cycling. I highly recommend these.

OVERALL
fatcat   Road Racer [May 24, 2005]
Strength:

Overall Fit, ventilated sole, apperance, roomy toe box, extremely light weight

clear coat on carbon sole knicks easily

I was searching for a shoe with a roomier toe box than my sidi ergo carbons and also a shoe that would be cooler for me. My first choice was the Louis Garneau Carbon air but they are not available below size 40 (women's 9). Tonight was my first time using the shoes I am thoroughly impressed. My ride tonight in Texas heat was started at 99 degrees and ended at 88 degrees, and it's only May! Cool shoes are very important! These shoes are noticably cooler than my Sidis. The specialized have two vent holes in the sole where the Sidi's have none. I was concerned that the neoprene tounge might be too hot but I didn't notice a problem. I wore defeet aerator socks. The Specialized's are as stiff as my Sidi Carbons (which retail for double the price). The toe box has more room than the Sidi's. I didn't have hot spots and my toes didn't hurt at the end of the ride. The Specialized Body Geometry inner sole seems to work. I know some have had problems (see men's shoe reviews) with this but I didn't notice anything unusual. I did notice the good fit of the shoe. The only thing that might turn into a problem with the shoes is the clear coating on the carbon sole. After 1 ride, I already see tiny knicks in the coating. I'm sure this is only cosmetic. Another thing I like about the shoes is that they have a low stack height. This puts your foot close to the pedal which increases power. Also the shoes are extremely light weight. The shoes run true to size. I wear 8-8.5 shoes and wear a 39 in these, just as their size chart specifies. Overall, I really like the shoes. They are stiff enough for lots of miles, they are cool and they fit well.