Specialized Comp Road Shoes

Comp Road

A performance ready road shoe with our revolutionary Body Geometry (TM) fit system for increased efficiency and reduced risk of injury at an incredible value. Innovatibe rubber heel is lightweight and walkable. Available in Red/Charcoal/Silver.

pilotscott   Recreational Rider [Apr 17, 2005]
Strength:

Three straps Reasonably stiff sole for non-carbon Rubber heal Ergo-bump (for me).

Ergo-bump (for some others). But if you don't like it, you can always throw in a superfeet low volume insole.

I bought this shoe about a year ago, after buying my first road bike. I like the stiffness -- stiffer than my MTB shoes, and the fit. The ergo "bump" under the ball of the foot took some getting used to, but now feels good (it has to break in a little). The fit is secure, with the new model having the preferable three velcro straps. The reflectivity is nice, and the thick blown rubber heal keeps your foot level and prevents slipping when off of the bike. Overall a great shoe, for a great price.

Similar Products Used: Sidi mountain shoe, Look mountain shoe, Nike mountain shoe, tried various road shoes.
OVERALL
Derek   Triathlete [Sep 27, 2002]
Strength:

Comfortable. Reflective material lets cars see me. Easy to get on (I guess only triathletes care about this, right?)

My heel slides out when I walk in them, but they weren't meant for walking.

A pretty good all around shoe. Comfortable enough that my feet don't get numb. The soles could be stiffer, but then, that would be less comfortable, wouldn't it? I have used them for road riding, triathlons, and spinning classes, and they are good for all three.