Specialized Pro Road Shoe '01 Shoes

Pro Road Shoe '01

The perfect complement to the unparalleled performance technology of our road race bikes. Designed from the sole up using the latest research developments to be the stiffest, most efficient yet comfortable way to transfer power to the pedals.

• New Patent Pending Body Geometry Technology: Varus wedge, metatarsal button, longitudinal arch support
  • Lightweight, breathable air mesh with durable synthetic leather
  • 3 compression molded Italian vinyl straps
  • DuPont Hypalon heel retention cage increases durability, improves fit
  • No overlapping seams in the upper to avoid hot spots
  • 3M reflective material in the heel
  • Unique molded EVA heel and thermoplastic rubber
  • Outsole material is stiffer and 20gm/pr lighter than the Comp Road
  • SPD, SPDR, Look and Speedplay compatible

• User Reviews (3)

sammyhallam   Recreational Rider [Jul 22, 2002]
    Strength:

lite comfortable looks cool

a lil cold on ya toes in winter

great shoe and got them for the price of the bottom of the line specialized shoe :D nice fit wid plenty of room and the 3 straps keep u in, nice and cool but when it cold u need warm socks!!

Similar Products Used: haha exus mtb shoes
    Graeme Wallace   Road Racer [Aug 16, 2001]
    Strength:

These are the best shoes I tried. Extremely comfortable. Plently of toe room. Very lightweight. Very secure fit.

None!

I tried these shoes in Mackay before I moved to Brisbane however the bike shop I went to in Brisbane didn't have specialized so I settled for Shimano SH-R096! What a mistake! They were marginally cheaper but are no where near as good as the Specialized. I thoroughly recommend to anyone to get these shoes.

Similar Products Used: Shimano SH-R096
    Leon Barmuta   Recreational Rider [Jul 16, 2001]
    Strength:

Roomy toe box (toes not cramped at all); 3 strap closures make for a very secure fit; lots of fore/aft adjustment for the cleats

Bit too breezy on cold days, but I'll appreciate when the weather warms up

A really good shoe that has given me no trouble at all on the 160 km + rides I've done over the last couple of months. The uppers are super breathable, so overshoes or windbloc socks are a must in cold weather; the upside is that you don't get socks too soggy from sweat if you use a wicking/breathable overshoe. I really appreciate the ability to move the cleats rearward a long way further than other brands because I prefer a different foot postion than the 'standard' ball-of-foot-over-axle. Pity they're a bit pricey by the time they reach Oz, especially as they're not actually made in a country that pays OECD type wages to its workers.

I'd recommend this shoe to those who like long distance rides; your foot is securely held without having to pinch it to keep it firm. It wouldn't be my preferred shoe for touring, but that's more to do with not wanting to walk (skate) around on cleats rather than the shoe itself.