Specialized Team Road Shoe Shoes

Specialized Team Road Shoe Shoes

Direct from the European pro peloton, our SPDR/SPD/Look/ Speedplay-compatible Team shoe is designed for the experienced road rider. More than 100g lighter the '99 with roomier toe box and forefoot area.

[Jan 01, 2002]
liu02bhs

Strength:

Nice quality shoes. I don''t like the lace holes, who uses laces on road shoes these days? The sock liner is good for road bikers, but for triathletes it just hinders putting shoes on on the fly. The velcro opens to the inside, which gets stuck between the chain and the charinring when attempting to put the shoes on during a race. This is not a shoe for triathlon

[May 09, 2001]
Mike

Strength:

Looks, 3-strap system, stiff sole

Cleat positioning, fit

Decent shoes but a few problems for me:

Fit: The size 48's I purchased are a bit on the big side. This is my fault, but a 47 may be too tight for me. End result is that these bruise the outside of my foot when I tighten the straps sufficiently.

Cleat position: Try as I might, I cannot adjust my LOOK cleats any more to avoid rubbing of the shoe against the crankarm. A bit unnerving when on the road.

Overall, a good shoe if it fits your foot well. Try before you buy. Also be careful if you use PP296's. They seem to naturally position the foot closer to the crank, but the shoe contributes to the problem.

A 4 for value as I got a good deal on-line from Specialized, but only a 3 for Overall as these don't fit me too well.

Shimano, Look, SIDI

[Aug 05, 2001]
noel caven

Strength:

good bright looks,very stiff,firm strap system, vented soles

none so far...

great shoes,just make sure you fit yourself correctly.

shimano spd-spdr,carnac,time...