Specialized Zante Womens Shoes

Specialized Zante Womens Shoes

Body Geometry technology, Boa® dial adjustability, and FACT™ carbon/composite fiber sole delivery high-performance comfort and unbeatable value.

[Jul 21, 2016]
Linda Rushing

Strength:

Nice looking shoe; initially comfortable

I purchased these shoes in November 2015 and have put approx. 2.7k miles on them. I had no issues riding during the winter months; I ride in all conditions including rain. When the spring came and temps increased I noticed I started having pain in outer toenail area and 5th metatarsal head. It became so severe I couldn't ride much. The shoes have very little ventilation; yes there appear to be holes all over but most of them don't penetrate through the shoe! The ones that do penetrate are covered by the tongue and those "holes" that you see on the tongue are covered by thick padding. So, this resulted in major swelling which led to an ingrown nail and an adventitial bursa on that 5 metatarsal. Maybe I got a bad shoe? Don't know, but check for these things when trying on. Wish I could post photos here.

These seemed to work fine for winter riding, but caused me a lot of pain during hotter months. Fit was not the issue; ventilation of the shoe is poor. I wear swift wick compression socks (thin) for summer months. I have never had this problem in other non-specialized shoes.

OVERALL