Assos Half Short Shorts

Assos Half Short Shorts

Assos Half Short

[Aug 11, 2007]
wsdcpark

Strength:

Fit, finish, comfotable level

Bit too much padding in the rear(?), bit pricy.

I find this shorts pretty comfortable, has a great fit and durability (if you take care of it).I tried all kinds of shorts over last 25 years of cycling and I think this is right up there as one of the most comfortable shorts for most people.
After all at this price it ought to be.
However, there is slight issue with me.
I believe things like shorts, saddle, handlebar and pedals are very personal.
For example,a very comfortable saddle for some may not be so comfy for others.
This shorts has a lot of padding on the back of the shorts but not enough on the front. This works great for anyone who has upright position on their bike but it doesn't work very well for hammerheads or TT riders who has very low position on the saddle. I happened to be a hammerhead and whenever I get very low I find this saddle doesn't have enough padding at the front where it sits on the nose part of the saddle although it's better than most of other shorts.
Most people won't believe I'm saying this but I find it to have too much padding on the rear. And looking other reviews I'm not the only one who feels that it has bit too much padding.
One thing about durability.
Wash your shorts (and all other clothes) in a front loading washer and it will last much longer. The agitator in a normal washer is very rough on the clothes.

Pearl, Castelli, Voler, Descente....

OVERALL
[Jul 02, 2004]
Biktor

Strength:

Best quality fabrics, cool, very thecnical and engineered insert, design tested for years, elastic padding, fit, etc.

Legs to short

Great shorts!, lycra that feels like silk, perfect fit, very good fabrics, in my opinion the best pad even better than the FI.13, the Campionissimo pad/insert design has been proved and tested for about a decade and that alone speaks for it self, and now with the elastic insert technology just got better. The only thing I did not like about them is the length of the legs, is just too short compared with the FI.13, but I think this is a minor flaw since it makes them very well suited for hot weather rides. Try them, do not throw $220 for the FI.13 if you like shorts better than bibs do not hesitate.

Just one similar: FI.13