Assos T FI.Uno_S5 Bib Shorts

Assos T FI.Uno_S5 Bib Shorts

Seven years after introducing the first elastic insert in cycling shorts Assos now introduces the S5 line for even greater comfort and performance. The S5 features new A.430 fabric for muscle support lighter weight and better breathability and moisture

[Jul 22, 2011]
ihatebighairtina

Strength:

Comfort
Fit
Style (no flashy logos)

Cost, but I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for...most of the time"

I had read all the rave reviews online before I bought this short. I was a little disappointed because my set did not come with any packaging or the small tub of chamois cream you normally get with these. So first off I would recommend getting these from somewhere other than biketiresdirect.com.

Anyways, my first initial impression of the shorts what that they were great. It wasn't until I switched back to my old shorts when I noticed the biggest difference. I fell in love with these shorts. They are the most comfortable shorts I've ever worn. They fit great, support well, and I can stay in the saddle a lot longer. Now I wish I had 2 pair so I didn't have to wash them so often. They are a bit expensive, but I can say they are worth it.

LG
Pearl Izumi

OVERALL
[Jan 06, 2011]
davidb888

Strength:

Comfortable Chamois
High Quality materials
Great on long rides

Price (wish they were cheaper, still worth it)
Excessive packaging

Review is for the Uno bib shorts. These are my new absolute all time favorite shorts. Assos spent way too much money (and cardboard) on packaging for this product, would rather have less packaging and a lower price. Shorts are very high quality construction, nice detailing on leg grippers. Lycra is thicker than other shorts I have worn and very comfortable. I am 6'2", about 195 lbs and wear an XL. Slightly snug on legs, straps are a little short. But once on the bike the shorts feel great. The chamois is a firm, foam design, for me it is very comfortable on long rides and does not 'break down' or compress. Not as cushy feeling as some other chamois, but on the bike it works.

Giordana Silverline bibs (also great)
Castelli (tolerable)