Castelli Progetto Y2 VT Bibs Shorts

Progetto Y2 VT Bibs

bullrider70   Road Racer [Jan 24, 2005]
Strength:

material and fit

stitching

Enjoy the fit and comfort of the bib shorts; the lycra material is extremely comfortable. Too many logos, especially the one glued on the rear like a bulls eye. I took those off with hot air to loosen the glue. The rubber logos quickly crinkled and the stitching on the chamois is now coming undone.

Willito   Recreational Rider [Jun 19, 2004]
Strength:

Lycra is great. Pad is comfy when not riding up on me.

Logos, stitching

These are beautiful shorts, but I find they give me a wedgy(is there such a thing as too much padding?). The materials are top notch, but the stiching is coming apart, and the logos left promptly even with them being lovingly handwashed.

Similar Products Used: voler, pearl izumi attack, ultrasensor.
lyreinkc   Road Racer [Mar 05, 2004]
Strength:

Comfortable- Nice pad

Stiches Started coming apart after 1 week. Happened to another pair of Castelli's also. Glad I didn't pay full price!

Size fits perfectly. Great comfort especially on the long rides.

Similar Products Used: Verge-Giordana-Biemme
bigsprinter   Road Racer [Nov 17, 2003]
Strength:

fit. comfy and non-baggy chamois. breathable lycra.

Cost. Durability. peeling logos after a month.

These shorts are primo out of the bag. Fit is perfect, silky lycra that breathes well. Seem like superior materials when new. Problem is they wear out ridiculously fast. I bought two pairs six months ago and they both look like crap now. The logos were the first thing to go, cracking and peeling. I lost an entire Scorpion logo today. The stitching attaching the pad to the shorts also is coming out on one pair. Unacceptable for $85, I'm glad I didn't pay full pop like some unfortunate people do. The fit and comfort are top notch, but for such a legendary brand the workmanship, and quality is extremely poor. I highly recommend you spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

Similar Products Used: Voler, Performance, Pyro, etc.
  Commuter [Aug 22, 2003]
Strength:

Fit Pad

Price(paying list, ~$130, would be way too much)

Excellent, in spite of having a size too large they still work very well for me. This pad is everything I could want(haven't tried the Pearl Izumi 3D, therefore can't compare the two) fits very well, has support in all the right places.