Louis Garneau Ergotex Shorts Shorts

Ergotex Shorts

Louis Garneau Ergotex 2 Shorts has 4-way stretch textured (waffle) fabric which provides amazing ventilation and breathability but also, a great fit in motion.

Glen   Triathlete [Jan 24, 2008]
Strength:

The price was right. :)

Chamois

Fabric is good, fit is decent, chamois is crap. The chamois is a bit too large and diaperish feeing to begin with, but the real problem is the swiss cheese look and feel of the chamois. After just a one hour trainer ride I had more tenderness than I have from any other pair of shorts. The LG air gels are fantastic, I'll try these ones a couple more times, but it's not looking good or feeling good.

Similar Products Used: Sugoi Evolutions, LG Air Gels Air Gel shorts rock!
Damon   Recreational Rider [Nov 16, 2006]
Strength:

Excellent fit, light, breaths well.

none at this point

I bought two higher end shorts after 3 years of using entry level shorts. This pair and a pair of Canari. The Ergotex are a perfect fit. They are light and no chaffing.

Similar Products Used: Canari, Nashbar
Tubasti Mann   Road Racer [Sep 15, 2004]
Strength:

Hey, the fabric is great, look great.

Horrible, chamois slashes me to bits (yes, the size is correct) excrutiating abrasions if ridden for more than twenty minutes, though there is a sweetspot after about an hour, and for about an hour, but when you step off you'll howl.

RUBBISH, RUBBISH, RUBBISH! Louis Garneau, you should ashamed of yourself. Sorry, but funky padding looks great, and the short body fits fine, but the chamois rips you to pieces, it's like riding on razors. I've had the misfortune to own a few pairs of Garneau shorts recently, featuring various chamois designs. Bought these as the cheaper units were ripping me up, but these ones.... slash your butt with a Ginsu knife and sit in some salt water. I swear my backside must be permanantly scarred, etc.

Similar Products Used: Sugoi (lovely) Assos (too much $$$), Cannondale, older Nike, Gordini
innergel   Recreational Rider [Jun 09, 2004]
Strength:

Perfect fit, super comfortable, high quality chamois, durable.

Kind of pricey, but no worse than any other high end pair of shorts.

These shorts are fantastic! I have had mine since Dec and I have never had one problem. I have worn them for every kind of ride from short spins to centuries in the wind, rain, and cold and they are as comfortable as the day I bought them. They fit perfectly and look like they are new. They are the first pair of shorts I reach for when I'm getting dressed. And I have every other pair of high end shorts on the market. The waffle-like fabric is much better than standard shiny lycra. I think the other reviewer got a bad pair of shorts, esp. with his experience with that shop. I'd email LG and see what they say.

Similar Products Used: You name it, I've got it. PI Microsensor, Castelli PY/VT, Sugio Ricaro Technifine, Voler, etc.
zippity   Road Racer [Apr 25, 2004]
Strength:

Comfortable design and padding. Cool fabric. Seams are double-stitched.

Cheap material. Pilling started almost immediately and padding lost it's loft within a couple of months. Overpriced.

I've got the bib version of these. They were very comfy at first and especially good for hot weather. After a couple of weeks I noticed they were starting to pill in the seat but kept wearing them 'cause I liked the way they fit. In short, they're made like crap and of all the shorts I've owned these have worn the fastest. Utter waste of money. Even the logo cracked and peeled after a few months! (Turns out everything I've bought from this LBS has been about the same value...I won't be back.) I'm really an average size racer - 5'10" and 160lbs - so it's not like I'm punishing these things. Get a pair of Sugoi Technifines, they're the best I've owned.

Similar Products Used: Sugoi - favorite Nalini - great Biemmme - good knickers Castelli - goood Pearl Izumi - better than nothing