Voler Elite Bib Shorts Shorts

Elite Bib Shorts

Three key elements provide the exceptional design of the Voler Elite Short:
FIT: The anatomically sculpted silhouette fits like no other with the 10-panel construction conforming like a second skin.
FUNCTION: Carbon Titano Micro Micro Mesh panels assist with maximum breathability for comfort. The exclusive anti-bacterial 3-tiered molded Ion pad gives padding where needed for specific pressure points with minimal material on the sides to conform to leg movements.
TECHNOLOGY: Developed in Switzerland and used by top racers the world over, Quantum DMX aero fabric reduces wind drag by 10% and is extremely breathable.

mtnbikerva1   [Jul 27, 2013]
Strength:

Good overall and cool for hot weather.
Made in the USA.

Not the latest coatings or tech.

They are good shorts, no problems or need to return.

dolifewell   Road Racer [Feb 20, 2011]

can't seem to find a better short for 2-3 times the money! Pearl PRO's, Assos F1's, Nike's Champs Elysees (favorite but no more comfortable than Voler's)

Do prefer sueded chamois (they may wear longer) but these are just as good, as long as they last well and they seem to have done well, even through cross season.

drummerboy1248   Road Racer [Sep 22, 2009]
Strength:

Chamois, fit, fabric is thin yet supportive, no seam chaffing.

Getting some ticking on the fabric from saddle rub. Not bad, but wonder how long they'll last with the thin fabric.

I bought two pair of these on Ebay. They were only used a handful of times each. I use them for training rides. They are a great pair of shorts. I have absolutely no issues with the chamois. Just creme 'em up, put 'em on and forget about 'em. The bibs do pull on me a bit. Not a fault of the short, but rather my build. I', 6'3" and wearing a medium short. They all fit like this. I agree with the other reviewer about the length being just slightly long, but I don't find the need to cuff the legs. I'd be happy with these shorts if I'd payed 5X what I did. But at $30 for 2 pair, I'm ecstatic.

Similar Products Used: Trek, Louis Garneau, Pearl Izumi, Canari, etc......
abacusns   Road Racer [Aug 03, 2009]
Strength:

Chamois, fit.

None so far.

Great fabric and chamois - very lightweight and breathable.

The fit is quite good, as well(I'm about 6'0", 180 to 185lbs).

Durability is good - I'll try to report back after a year.

Similar Products Used: Performance Ultra, Elite. Pearl Izumi (can't remember which model, took them back)
B-Fun   Road Racer [Jan 31, 2008]
Strength:

Durable, nice chamois that isn't too thick.

Lenght a little too long for my liking.

These bibs have been great. The chamois pad was not the thickest I have ever used, but I have found it to be more comfortable.

On some bibs that I have owned have had seams that caused rubbing along the inside of my leg, but these shorts have been good.

One complaint is that the short length is a little bit too long for my liking. Due to this, there was a bit of looseness because they were so close to my knee. By folding the leg band over I was able to get the length and tightness that I like. Plus they have the Voler logo which can be read when the band is flipped.

Overall, a good pair of bibs. Nice and breathable.