Assos Thermic Socks

Thermic

The Thermic Socks are designed for comfort over a wide range of temperatures with a unique and highly technical construction. Roubaix (RX) fabric is the same advanced material used in Assos arm and legwarmers, offering warmth and efficient moisture management with a fleece-like feel against the skin. Mid-length cuff. Black.

vladvm   Recreational Rider [Mar 08, 2011]
Strength:

good fit

i got cold feet after 30min. ride outside in -8C weather. I will stick with my dual wool socks combination which allows me to ride 1hr. in -15C weather.

these are not as warm as I thought they should be. I used to wear two socks, thin wool inside and thicker wool on the outside, and cover my shoes with booties and I was able to ride for 1 hour in -15C weather. i tried the assos thermic socks to replace the inner wool socks, wore thick wool on the outside, with booties to cover the shoes but after 30min. I could feel my feet getting cold in -8C. I'm very disappointed. I'm going back to wool socks.

Similar Products Used: wool socks.
kevin32   Road Racer [Mar 15, 2010]
Strength:

High quality, comfortable, warmer.

None.

I've been looking for something extra over the past winter to try and extend my winter riding time and I've found these socks to be the trick. Previously, I;ve generally used wool socks with neoprene booties, but after about 1 hour of riding in 20-30 degree weather (F), my feet would be start to get pretty numb by the end of the ride.

I tried these out over the last several months with booties as well and all I can say is that after 1 hour, my feet where still very comfortable. It took about 1.5-2 hours before I could start to feel my feet going numb, so there was definitely an improvement over Assos wool socks.

I feel that $35 for an extra hour of riding time was definitely worth the price.

Similar Products Used: Assos and Specialized cycling specific wool socks.
George   Road Racer [Jul 27, 2007]
Strength:

Very nice patterning on bottom heel of left sock.

A bit on the cheap side for me...only $43....

The socks were amazing...I will never ever trade them for anything I have ever had!! They will be with me...forever...