DeFeet Air-E-Ator Socks

Air-E-Ator

DeFeets Air-E-Ator socks are ultralight and constructed of thin Stayfast for a long life. Their "Vapor Zone" to allow cooling airflow started the "airflow" sock rage. This one is the original and one of the best! En-Duro-Skin...

nonverbal   Recreational Rider [Feb 28, 2009]
Strength:

Same as Summary

Have to deal with it like cycling pants and jerseys.It's not a real weakness point,though.

Durable,comfortable,light and thin

Similar Products Used: Older and thicker socks model
dekindy   Recreational Rider [Oct 22, 2006]
Strength:

Thin and comfortable. Wick away moisture. You cannot go wrong with DeFeet products.

None.

Thin and comfortable. Wick away moisture. Got rid of my hot spots on my feet caused by thicker, hotter socks.

Similar Products Used: Older, thicker cycling stocks.
AaronC   Road Racer [Oct 17, 2005]
Strength:

Wash well, you don't feel them while wearing them.

Nope.

I'm pretty fussy with all my contact points on the bike, and love the fit-and-forget feel of the Air-e-ators. They wash well, perform the job, and the service & wrapping from KrankDirtwear.com was spot on too.

fastfullback   Commuter [Sep 29, 2005]
Strength:

Quality. Ventilation (Air-e-ators). Warmth (Wool-e-ators). Wool-e-ators are my favorite sock.

Dumb cartoony graphics on the few I got dirt-cheap online, but then that's my fault.

I use both the Air-e-ators and the Wool-e-ators; I have various Performance house brand socks to compare them to. Overall they keep their fit and integrity much longer with no saggy ankles. The Wool-e-ators in particular are great socks.

Similar Products Used: Performance Kevlar and standard socks, plus various other socks.
Rickster   Road Racer [Mar 07, 2005]
Strength:

Serious quality, durability and performance. It's like Chris King made your socks.

Air-E-Ators are in no way weak. Even the price is reasonable, considering the strengths.

Amazing socks. I've worn my 5 pairs for a year and they all feel like new. Feet stay cool, dry and the socks repel foot odor. Let's be honest, sometimes all the socks are in the hamper and you gotta choose: skip the ride or fish out a dirty pair and rock on. With Air-E-Ators, even a worn pair still feels pretty fresh. You gotta take care of your feet. These are money well spent.

Similar Products Used: Pearl Izumi attack socks, Smartwool, Nike, Adidas, many others.
innergel   Weekend Warrior [Apr 10, 2004]
Strength:

Thin, light, wick moisture very well, and come in a zillion designs. Buy them online and you can get a really good deal.

none so far

These socks are great. A little thinner than Sock Guy's, but work great. They have withstood multiple wearings in the hot Texas summers with little signs of wear.

Similar Products Used: Sock Guy, Lin
Evileye   Road Racer [Aug 14, 2003]
Strength:

Better fit

Graphics (could be better, check out the graphics on Lin socks). Coolmax in black can really smell.

Having the Wool-e-ator and the Air-e-ators I have to say that that wool one are better. I (wore) the mini black Air-e-ator which okay but no the best. The Black Aireators socks make your feet smell no matter how long one wears them. As for graphics, I think that Lin's are better since the graphics are on the collar and along the topa nd bottom of the foot, unlike Air-e-ators graphics are only on the collar. I fit of these are good, though. So stick with white socks only to avoid smelly feet with the coolmax, otherwise Ultimax are softer, and Ultimax doesn't smell like Collmax does.

Similar Products Used: Ultimax Ironman sock (in Black) Smart Wool Lin Cotton (what was I thinking?)
scooter0007   Weekend Warrior [Jun 11, 2002]
Strength:

great cushion but not too thick, fantastic wicking properties

Kind pricey but who in the world is worth it more than me.

I am a firm believer that shoes and socks are two things that you cannot go cheap on. These socks are top notch! Great wicking action and just enough cushion. I have the "Hell's Ankles" and these socks give me the killer instinct on the road. Many a rider has been dropped because of these socks!