Bontrager Grippy Tape Bar Tape

Bontrager Grippy Tape Bar Tape

• Tacky cover promotes a solid grip
  • Adhesive backing
  • Bontrager reflective bar end

[Sep 15, 2016]
DaveG

Strength:

cool retro leather look
easy to keep clean (white)
durable

limited cushioning

I used the white tape on my classic steel Colnago. The white version looks very cool with a retro leather look. It cleans up much easier than a cork tape and still looks OK after 3 seasons. It stands up to a lot of abuse. My only complaint is that is has less cushioning than a cork or silicone tape

Cinelli cork

[Aug 15, 2010]
Robert

Strength:

The feel.

I ride in the Florida heat and prefer something to work without gloves. I used to packs of white tape to wrap heavy and up onto the flats of my FSA bars. These are comfortable, grippy (even at the end of the ride) and comfortable.

[Apr 22, 2010]
Jon Lomeli

Strength:

Best grip wet or dry.
Looks great.
Right amount of cushion.
Under $15

None that I can think of. One guy I talked to said it was hard to stretch?... I didn't think so.

Great in all weather and the BEST in wet weather. On hot days there is no need for gloves. Sweaty palms don't stand a chance. Just the right amount of cushion( solid Medium). The stuff I have is black with white double stitching down the center, very sharp looking. Comes several different colors.

S-Wrap Roubaix Tape
S-Wrap
Profile Design Bar Wrap

[Apr 11, 2009]
Lucas

Strength:

"grippy" - even in wet conditions

race lite version may be too thin.

I've never been into the cork feel. Have been using this for a year and won't go back. Getting harder to find it seems, and although I havent tried the race lite version it seems questionably thin especially on a stiff bike.