Brooks Leather Tape Bar Tape

Leather Tape

Brooks makes some of the finest leather saddles out there. They have applied the same attention to detail and quality to their real leather handlebar tape. Includes 2 strips of light, perforated leather bar tape 2 natural cork and wood...

Jim Ehle   Recreational Rider [Jan 07, 2010]
Strength:

Attractive, good feel, solid grip and strong. Nice looking addition to a vintage bicycle.

Doesn't add padding. If that's what you need and still want to use Brooks, consider doing a base wrapping with another tape and putting the Brooks on top.

Expensive!

This tape adds a classic look to a bike, especially in the tan color. The feel of real leather is nice and it doesn't get slippery when wet. The Brooks product is strong and should hold up longer than cork tape. I sprayed my tape, after installation, with 3M Scotchguard to make cleaning grime off easier.

Similar Products Used: Cork, cotton, plastic
OVERALL
VOIGT   Road Racer [Oct 09, 2008]
Strength:

Great feel, sticky when wet, looks amazing, and lasts forever.

The light brown color turns ugly quickly, price.

I have had tried this tape twice. Currently I am still using it. The Honey brown color turned to a brownish green after getting wet but the tape itself held up just fine. I changed bars on that bike and so I used different tape. But on my other bike I am still running the same brooks 10,000 miles later. The tape really looks like it has not been used. I love this tape and think it is worth the money.