Performance Fort Classic Cork Tape Bar Tape

Fort Classic Cork Tape

mike2g   Recreational Rider [Feb 05, 2008]
Strength:

No Sticky Backing.
Stretches well with no sign of tearing after significant stretching.
Came with pair of shiny bar end caps.
Relatively inexpensive bar tape, allowing more frequent replacement

Not as cushy as older Specialized Tape with Bar Phat

Great tape in a variety of colors. (although I chose black, replacing my worn white tape) Stretches quite a bit, I did not feel that it would break at any point.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Bar Phat
cthomas   Recreational Rider [Jan 02, 2006]
Strength:

Cheap. Thick.

No sticky backing. A little thick for my liking.

I tend to be pretty devoted to Cinelli tape and use it as the gold standard. Unlike Cinelli (and like Profile tape), this tape does not have any double stick tape backing. Some people like this, I don't. My hands sweat a lot, so I like having the tape stuck to the bars to keep it from moving around. I did find this tape to be a bit thicker than Cinelli, and pretty durable for stretching. Overall a good budget alternative, but not for me. I bought two rolls, so my kid's bikes will inherit the other!

Similar Products Used: Cinelli, Deda
Sablotny   Recreational Rider [Feb 15, 2005]
Strength:

Cheap, looks right, dense & thick. Costs what bar tape should cost.

No "I Ride Pinarello" embossing.

Great value, high cork, more dense & thicker than Cinelli. May not have as much cush, but lasts longer & rolls the bar phatter.

Similar Products Used: Cinelli, Profile, Stella Azzurra, GT, Sala reg & Gomma, Ciclolinea
bholland   Recreational Rider [Aug 28, 2003]

durability

Not at all pleased with the durability of the tape. Went on easy, looked good new, was comfortable, but after 3,000 miles it is shot.

Similar Products Used: cinelli, stella azzura (unbelievablely good, but tough to find - wish I had bought some extras)
DaveG   Recreational Rider [Jul 04, 2002]
Strength:

great feel of cork value

cork tape gets dirty fast

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I've been a fan of Cinelli cork tape for a few years. I saw the Forte cork tape and sale and bought 2 rolls for two of my bikes. So far, I don't notice any difference between the Forte tape and the Cinelli and the Forte tape obviously saves some money.