Profile Design Bar Wrap Bar Tape

Profile Design Bar Wrap Bar Tape

Affordable, synthetic. Looks and feels like natural cork. 25 different designs/colors. Shock Absorbent Black is an air-filled material which absorbs shock better than cork with the same dry feel. Patterns printed on synthetic material for durability and comfort.

[Jun 23, 2010]
The_Aryan_Monk

DO NOT USE THE PRODUCT on your vehicle, I used it on my brand new car 2010 and guess what happened when I used it only for two days? scruffs on the hood and the bumper!

[Jan 04, 2010]
CircaRigel

Strength:

Looks good
Great vibration dampening
durable

Comfortable and durable. I have the adhesive free version, and it's been great! It hasn't torn even through some crashes. It stays put and is great at reducing vibration transfer to the hands.

I've not had to rewrap these at all, but even if I found the need to replace during a rewrap, at $8, it's worth it.

Nashbar handlebar tape (which I DON'T recommend).

[Oct 28, 2006]
bigchromewheelssuck

Strength:

durable

good luck removing it

nice until you decide to take it off. The adhesive pulls the foam from the cover leaving a big mess on your bars.

torelli, stella azura

[Jul 30, 2006]
Ronsonic

Strength:

Great feel and look on the bar. Very rugged.

End caps and wrap tape are lame.

This is the best tape out there. I'm speaking of the regular Profile tape, the "Shock wrap with GEL" is too mushy and feels like those freddy foam bar covers.

The regular Profile is excellent. If I were in charge, I would add a light tacky glue to it, like a post it to make getting a perfect wrap even easier. I would also improve the caps. I use the cool screw on rubber caps and throw these away. I would also just admit that people need to use their own electrical tape at the end instead of the stupid little tape bits they include.

Despite all that, it is still better than the other brands.

Everything made since the Benotto cello tape, including Cinelli, Deda and the rest.

[Aug 20, 2005]
cycleguy55

Strength:

Cushion feel

None so far

Great tape - easy to work with, had enough length even on 45cm bars, great feel under the hands.

Many...

[Feb 15, 2005]
Sablotny

Strength:

Perfect density for my hands, stays grippy when sweated on. The price is usually right- 1/3 less than Cinelli cork at my LBS.

I'm a fan of adhesive tape myself. Seems to tear more easily than some others. Profile needs to come up with a new design motif besides the splash.

An old standard, next to Cinelli cork. Groovy splash patterns, though these seem to be getting passe... Profile needs to come out with some racing stripes like Cinelli.

Cinelli cork, Ciclolinea, Stella Azzurra Eleganza, Salsa regular & Gomma, Velox cloth

[Feb 10, 2005]
Ronsonic

Strength:

This stuff is rugged enough that I change it for mood and fashion or because I'm changing bars or other parts, not because the tape's worn or nasty looking. It's easy enough to get a good wrap with this. Unlike some other brands they aren't afraid to put too much on a roll. I remember the old Benotto stuff that you'd have to be real careful with to make sure you stretched it far enough.

The end plugs only stay in if you are using them to hold the end of the tape inside the bar. They might mention this in the instructions. The "instructions" consist of one silly stupid little slip of paper, and by the way it is WRONG. If you run the piece of tape behind the brake hoods the OTHER way, across, horizontally, you'll get better coverage than the way shown.

Covers and pads the bars.

Cinelli, Benotto, whoknowswhat

[Dec 19, 2004]
montac

Strength:

VERY comfortable

Flakes away without apparent reason

Absolutely Awful! Whilst the handlebar tape is remarkably comfortable, and helps reduce road buzz, it just flakes away from the handlebars for no apparent reason! The store assistant did point out that the tape does disintegrate in bad weather conditions, but given that i don't cycle too much in bad weather, i thought this wouldn't affect me. But, as I sit and look at the bike now, two weeks after purchase, and maybe 100km later, there are 2 rips on one side of the bar already. This stuff is probably marketed for the riders with deep pockets and a desire to spend 30 mins a day changing the tape. Not for me though. Next time, I think I'll just opt for cellotape over Kleenex!

[Dec 11, 2003]
BowWow

Strength:

No double-sided tape, strong, well-padded, can be unwrapped and re-wrapped if you mess up one side :^P... Doesn't roll up on the edges.

Good stuff! I'm using the solid red. It seems to resist dirt pretty well - at least I haven't felt the need to give it a good scrubbing yet!

Deda - very plush, but tends to roll up a bit on the exposed edge...

[Nov 16, 2003]
Yrjo

Strength:

Price. Comfort. Color options.

No adhesive backing. Suspect bar plugs.

Installation was not as easy as you would expect from a bar tape with no adhesive. The tape kept slipping loose while I stretched it around the bar. Good road- buzz absorbancy. Myriad of colors. Easy to clean, too. Big plus is price compared to Cinelli.

Cinelli tape. Off the Front Neo-pro.