Prologo Double Touch Bar Tape

Prologo Double Touch Bar Tape

While a lot of padded bar tape is synthetic, which can get slippery when cold, wet or both, Prologo's Double Touch Handlebar Tape combines a cork top with an EVA gel base.But there's a flaw with a lot of gel tapes, which is that it desensitizes road feel in the drops. So Prologo only gels the top po

[Jan 16, 2014]
digibud

Strength:

Easily rewrapped. Great stretch. Thick. Good feel.

End cap is tricky with no directions alerting user to pop off the cover to install it.

My wife and I were looking for a replacement for our original tape on our 2011 Roubaix. It was reasonably padded over gel with little brown spots here and there and had a very nice feel. Specialized no longer had it. Their current tapes did not feel nearly so nice. I am quite confident the ProLogo DoubleTouch is the exact same tape. I liked Microtech tape but it wasn't padded well enough for our old hands. I had to rewrap one side of a handlebar and the prologo tape unwound and rewrapped with no problem although I didn't have to remove it entirely. It has a very nice stretch to it and breaking the tape wasn't a problem like it can be with some brands.
If you must have cork or leather this might not be for you, but it has a nice feel and our Specialized tape lasted several thousand miles so I expect this will do similarly. This tape is for anyone looking for easy to wrap, cushioned tape at a reasonable price. It does not come with gel but it was plenty long to fit over the gel we use on the top section of the bars. I would expect there is room if you use gel on the drops but can't say for certain.
Lastly, the end cap is tightened by popping off the outer cap, inserting it into the bar end and then using an allen wrench to tighten the cap, then pop the outer cap on it. I don't care to advertise for companies so I reused my old caps.