Salsa Cycles Goma tape Bar Tape

Goma tape

* Rubberized handlebar tape embossed with peppers
* Yellow, Gray, Black, Orange, Red or Blue

Cracked Headtube   Commuter [Jan 03, 2009]
Strength:

This stuff last. As long as you don't go down and scuff it up, it really takes a beating. I also liked the bright orange when it was installed. Wrap you can clean.

It was tough to wrap the bar, as the tape doesn't have much stretch. Having come from GEL tape this is has a harder feel to it. Especially on the road. Also, the birght orange gets dirty pretty quick.

I bought this tape because a friend and former service manager I worked for loved it. He swore by the stuff. I really love gel backed tape, but I went ahead and get this a shot. I first had the handlebar setup on my cross bike, then the parts went to my road bike. I've used this tape, now on the road and cross applications. Standard STI shifters and Salsa dropbars, with an ergo bend.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager Gel, Cinelli Cork, Soma Thick n Zesty, Cinelli GEL
OVERALL
racerveza   Road Racer [Aug 14, 2007]
Strength:

Cool embossed logos.

Very inelastic. Kinks when wrapping around bends.

I'm a big Salsa fan, and I bought this tape to match my Las Cruces frameset. Unfortunately, it's almost completely inelastic, so it tends to pucker wherever the bar bends. The result looks untidy and feels lumpy. Salsa also offers a gel cork tape, which is probably much better. It lacks the cool logos, though.