3T Ergonova Team Handlebars

Ergonova Team

ERGONOVA sets a new standard in comfort riding. The top of the bar is egg-shaped in section ? the longer radius provides a wider top surface for the hands.

sotos   Road Racer [Dec 21, 2010]
Strength:

Ergonomy,stiff,light,shape

None untill now,but as all carbon components easy to brake on a fall....

Very nice product!!!Really ergonomic shape and easy to change hand position even for riders with big hands like me.Its my 1st carbon handlebar so seems to me really bumproof specially for my broken wrists and ruff Greek roads.First thing I made was to put it on scale.For my 44cm the 205 gr seems really good according to stiffnes thats really good also!!!

Similar Products Used: FRM WEB BAR 32 aluminium.I put this on scale also and for 44cm size the 235 gram seems increatible.
Probable the lightest alu-bar on the market
StrongPerf   Recreational Rider [Oct 04, 2010]
Strength:

Light, Beautiful, Functional, Comfortable, good value!

Getting the cables from the hoods to the lower cable groove. I suppose not many bars are better in this area...

I was looking for something wider, with a better fit and less weight than my Ritchey Pro Biomax bars. I was willing to pay a little extra to get everything I wanted. I found it. This bar rated at 44cm width was only 2cm wider than my Ritchey Pro Biomax bars rated at 40cm. This bar is shallow so it's comfortable in the drops (I'm not flexible). It has a nice feel in the corners and on the tops. It's stiff (enough for me). It has a nice rough surface for the clamp. I'm running SRAM Force shifters and with the right adjustment the feel is right on the hoods and the brakes are accessable on the hoods or in the drops. I'm only 5'6" with relatively short arms. I needed a zero offset seat post and liked the 3T Team styling so much I got the bars, seat post and stem. Now my eye's are on the 3T Team clip on aero bars which appear to have fold up pads. Thanks Nonstopciclismo and thanks 3T! These bars are almost identical to the FSA Kforce Carbon but cost more. I chose them because the bar/stem/seat post combo was a better looking, a better value and lighter than the FSA...

Similar Products Used: Ritchey Pro Biomax
tomcarne   Recreational Rider [Jan 18, 2010]
Strength:

Strong and a good fit for pretty well anyone. Does not shift when secured in the stem. Swiss red finish goes well with my bike

The bend on the top of the bars forces the cables to have a severe bend. Can be fixed but something to be aware of. The indent on the bottom of the bar tops for cable routing doesn't really offer that much as internal routing would offer

Carbon version. Good value if bought at right price. Very strong rigid bars that offer great comfort for some one who does not have the ultimate in flexibility. Offers an excellent drops position that has the levers in perfect reach. Flat top is very comfortable

Similar Products Used: FSA K Wing
edern   Road Racer [Aug 14, 2009]
Strength:

ergonomy. good price for the alloy one.

not found yet

I have a trek madone 5.5. I removed the bontrager handlebar (like all bontrager items) to switch to the 3T ergonova handlebar. I ve chosen the alloy one, I don't see the value of a carbon one. After few rides, I think this handlebar is fantatic especially when you speak about ergonomy and getting older wioth less flexibility. i am 45 years old and probably less flexible than I was at 20.

Similar Products Used: bontrager x lite
Ken   Recreational Rider [Jun 14, 2009]
Strength:

Super stiff, cable grooves underneath, semi-wing for comfort, short reach and drop.

So far, none.

I purchased the alloy version, the Ergonova Pro. Super stiff and just the right feel for the tops. Not too wide like some of the other wing type bars. Drops feels super and I can actually stay down there in comfort too. The comfort and stiffness is great. I can really get my energy going in the right directions. I feel more efficient going up hills and accelerating. Highly recommend these bars to anyone thinking about compact bars and for a whole lot less than carbon. I have the 44s. Lastly, I stayed away from the FSA compacts because there were too many reviews of being too flexy.

Similar Products Used: Profile Dromo, ITM standard.