3T Forgie XL 31.8 Handlebars

• 235 gm/42
  • Double Grooved
  • Double Butted

mercierfils   Recreational Rider [Sep 12, 2006]
Strength:

stiff enough

bad hand positions everywhere; no cylindrical place to attach aerobars or computers

Uncomfortable and limited. No matter where I rotate the Forgie, the drops always have an angle where my hands are. When I try the tail ends, the flat part is so short that only half of my palm will fit - very insecure. The OS section is so short that accessories cannot be attached to the 31.8mm section beside the stem. Then there is a LONG slope to the 26mm section, then you're into the climbing hand position. Bar was stock for my bike.

Similar Products Used: modolo anatomic
OVERALL
innergel   Recreational Rider [Jun 14, 2004]
Strength:

Stiff, not heavy, comfortable anotomic bend, not outrageously expensive like many of the carbon bars.

A tad bit pricey at the LBS full retail price, but can be had fairly cheaply online. They transmit a little more road buzz than the Icon's.

I got these bars to replace the Icon bars that came on my bike, and they are a LOT better than the Icons. The anotomic bend in the bars fits my hands perfectly. The bars are plenty stiff and not too heavy. It took me a long time to find a set of bars that fit my hands properly. I tried every bar on every bike in every LBS within 25 miles.