DEDA Alanera Integrated Handlebars

DEDA Alanera Integrated Handlebars

Leave it to the experts at Deda to come up with another road racing Must-Have!. Super lightweight and stiff, yet supremely comfortable integrated handlebar and stem combination for unmatched performance and efficiency! Same anatomic drops as the Newton bar with wide wing-top sectoins. Detachable computer ount. 10 degree drop stem section.

[Aug 15, 2008]
Mark Wheeler

Strength:

Ego & comfortable tops.

Drop bend does not fit very well. FSA has a better ergo bend for the drops

This product is very comfortable but not durable. I rode with these handlebars for three months this spring before they broke. The break happened during a road race, when I hit a pot-hole climbing a hill. They broke while climbing! I'm a large rider but wouldn't expect this. If they don't break they are comfortable.

[Jun 18, 2008]
miguel

Strength:

Appearance, no flex, great for racing

very limited adjustments, can be unfortable for longer rides (40 plus miles)

I bought these bars after choosing to upgrade the stock bontragers on my Trek Madone. They are very well made and the other reviews are spot on that there is no flex in them (I am 5' 10" 195 lbs and ride a ton of hills). They look fantastic on the bike and have a serious bling factor. A couple of issues though. I like to ride on the hoods a lot and prefer them and the bar behind them level to the ground. With the integrated bar, it is sloped downward and there is no way to adjust it so that the bar tops and hoods are level to the ground. Often my hands have to rest on their sides (area between palms and wrist) and it can be uncomfortable. Also you have no flexibility in stem length.

They are great for climbing, sprinting and providing leverage for acceleration. Great for racing shorter distances (under 40 miles) but not ideal for longer hauls.

[Sep 12, 2007]
gearfreakNY

Strength:

Anatomic, sculpture, engineering, craftsmanship, artisanship, ergonomics, quality and most importantly ride quality!

None, well matching Real carbon Handelbar plugs for the Handelbar tape.

Anatomic, w/Detachable Computer Bracket

***If you want and demand the absolute pinnacle of bike design, sculpture, engineering, craftsmanship, artisanship, ergonomics, quality and most importantly ride quality, this is what your dreams are made of!!!!!!!!! Pure Italian Elegance! This is the best Handelbars your money can bye!

Chenele'

[Oct 03, 2006]
Luis Poessy

Strength:

Steering precision, weight, price, stiffness, and looks.

Absolutely none...

I have used this bar/stem combo for six months before writing this review and I am as impressed with these bars now as I was the first time I used them. I considered the Cinelli Ram, and the FSA Plasma. I ultimately decided on these due to their availability, price, weight and looks. I trully feel I made the right decision. As the previous reviews stated, these bars are impossible to flex or bend. They even survived a fall at 22 mph without even a scratch. They are also extemely comfortable due to the infinte hand possitions available unlike the Ram's. The steering is as precise as a surgeon's scalpel and though not as flashy as the Ram or Plasma, they are beautifully understated. So if you are considering a bar and stem combo take a look at these before making your decision.

Cinelli Ram and FSA Plama.

[Mar 16, 2006]
iopturbo

Strength:

stiff,light and looks great.

expensive but worth it.

awesome bar. Lighter than any stem and bar you can buy and stiffer than its competitors. you can't flex this bar and it looks incredible. I am a relatively lightweight rider (160lbs) so I can't comment on how it holds up to heavy riders but construction quality is impressive.

nothing that compares just a few carbon bars and stems.

[Jun 28, 2004]
dropthedeuce

Strength:

1. Very stiff 2. Can place Brakes/ shifters anywhere 3. Weight to strength

Can't blame losing on your bars flex anymore.

I went out on a limb when I bought these bars. It was difficult to decide between these and the Cinelli Ram. In the end I decided on the Alanera because: 1. It was available. 2. The Cinelli Ram was ~$100-$200 more. 3. The weight seemed to be a little more in line with the claimed weight than the Ram (based on data at weightweenies). Having riden on these bars now for a few hundred miles I am so glad I made the decision I did. These bars are extreemly stiff. While I don't believe one should put an enormous amount of torqe into the bars, I can tell you these bars will not be bent. Many have complained that the Cinelli Rams' cable routing holes are incorectly placed. Deda solves this problem by having very short (4 cm) cable guides that cover the cables on the bottom of the bar tops. Not as sexy as the Cinelli Ram but you're not limited to where you wish to place your brakes/shifters. Unlike everyother maker on the face of the earth Deda measures its bars outside to outside, not center to center(If you want 44cm c-t-c try their 46cm o-t-o).

[Mar 30, 2004]
Raptorking

Strength:

Stiffness and beauty, Perfect handlebar.

Price but well worth it.

Im just coming off a bad winter for me,,Im 235 pounds and I can still power up a mountian rather easy,but flexing these handlebars is almost impossible even at my fat weight.

Giant products