ITM Super Italia Pro 260 Handlebars

Super Italia Pro 260

Ergal 7075 aluminum. 25.9mm clamp. Grooved for hidden cables. Width: 40, 42 or 44cm

strathconaman   Recreational Rider [Apr 16, 2006]
Strength:

Light Weight, double groved. Last forever

They will last forever and I will never be able to rationalize an upgrade.

I have been riding these bars since 1995. They have more km on them than my car does. They are stiff, light and very comfortable. They were one of the first bars double groved for Campy Egro levers/breaks, and still a good value.

boneman   Recreational Rider [Feb 16, 2002]
Strength:

Reasonable weight and well made.

See my previous review for the anatomic bend. This is for the strada bend. After 25+ years of riding Cinelli 66 bars, I went anatomic. First TTT Prima220, then ITM Pro 260, and finally Cinelli Nerve. I''m back to road bend bars as I prefer their shape. These are strong and relatively light.

Similar Products Used: Cinelli 66, 63, 64, ITM Pro260 Anatomic, TTT Prima 220 and Cinelli Nerve
Marcelo Iannini   Road Racer [Mar 31, 2000]
Strength:

Light weight.
Bomb-proof
well constructed
lasts a lifetime and more

I no longer have the bar I'm reviewing here. I find this to be one of the best, if not the best-buy bar out there. At 260gms they are in par with even today's latest bars. It's strong and stiff enough to even an 180lbs rider. I have fallen enumerous times and have hit some potholes that broke the rim and even a brake lever with this bar, but it has never shown any sign of wear/damage. At around $40 they still stand out as the best value I ever had. Their finish last a lot, and as a matter of fact, I had no scratches on my 4 year old bar that has seen many stem/tape/lever changes. Way to go if you don't care about having the lightest stuff on the peloton or is too heavy to use the 220gms class road bars out there.

Similar Products Used: 3ttt prima 220, Sakae, and some older 3ttt handlebars
Zelig   Recreational Rider [May 11, 2000]
Strength:

Bar shape works for my hands and positions. Nice long flat part on the bottom of the drops which is not the case in a lot of anatomic bars.

Price but that's due to being in the UK and a result of VAT.

Nice bar. I would have stayed with the Prima if they had a longer flat part on the drop bottoms as they worked better with my STI set-up and my small hands.

Similar Products Used: Cinelli '66 bars for 25 years, 3TTT Prima 220
Jesse   Road Racer [May 21, 2000]
Strength:

stiff, confidence inspiring, anatomical shape

a wee bit heavier than my old bar, but worth it for durability and confidence

definitely the way to go. not too expensive, will last a long time, nice shape, cable grooves on both sides. my old bar (an ITM pro 225) got bent when I hit a pothole at a high speed. yikes. that is the reason that I got a slightly heavier but much more dirable bar.

Similar Products Used: generic bar, ITM pro 225
Dan Boscacci   Road Racer [May 31, 2000]
Strength:

Lightweight, quality construction, Double groove for STI or Ergo...Nice finish.

Not as stiff as other bars. Flex is noticeable when using front brake.

A great overall handlebar because of its weight and quality. Be sure that the flex isn't too much for those over 180lbs..wouldn't want anybody crashing because of a broken bar. It is also a lot more affordable than other superlight bars.

Similar Products Used: Cinelli Eubios, 66-42, TTT Competizone, Stock Trek Systems, TTT Merckx
Rob Smith   Recreational Rider [Jul 20, 2000]
Strength:

This bar is light, has dual grooves (a necessary evil if you run Bar-Cons), and is overall well finished.

Gets a bit flexible when really cranking it in the drops.

Even with the flexing mentioned above, this bar fairly rocks!!! The price puts it as one of the least expensive bars out there, and that coupled with it's light weight and good looks, make it a total winner in my book.

Similar Products Used: Older Sakae
Russell Cammell   Recreational Rider [Apr 24, 2001]
Strength:

Good value and the almost ideal bend for me. I ride with my brakes high up on the bars and rest on the brakes 95% of the time. I also climb in very big gears and pull on the bars.I am 140# and use a Syncros stem and the bar and stem are extremely stable. No complaints at all!

I just destroyed these bars in a paceline crash and have just ordered the lighter ITM Millennium model but the value perhaps is not be as good as the 260 model. I am a gram watcher!