Modolo KX Curvissima Carbon Handlebars

Modolo KX Curvissima Carbon Handlebars

• Super ergonomic Curvissima bend
  • Superstrong construction of Carbon Fiber with a Kevlar weave
  • Glass fiber webbing integrated into the stem clamping area to prevent crushing
  • Increased stiffness = super responsive

[Aug 01, 2007]
danielflood80

Strength:

Allows easy reach of the brake levers from the drops, but also a comfortable hoods position. I will never go back to anatomical bars! Carbon is that little bit extra comfortable too of course.

Carbon is always a bit fragile, so the Kaly would be better if you're worried about that. Generally hard to find, and pretty pricey. I wish other handlebar makers would make a similar shape.

These bars are just awesome. They are so awesome, I can't understand why they aren't more widespread.

I bought my first off the shelf road bike a while ago, and it came with an anatomical bar, which I found quite uncomfortable. My hands were too big to fit on the "flat bits" which hurt after 20km. Also as with most anatomical bars, it's very difficult to get the setup so you can ride on the hoods and also reach the brakes from the drops.

Well, enter the Curvissima. It's kind of halfway between a traditional bar and an anatomic bar. I have absolutely no pain with this at all, and happily switch from hoods to drops and always have the brake levers at hand.

Modolo also make one called the "Kaly" which is the same shape but aluminium.

Giant stock anatomical bar, FSA Shallow Drop, traditional shape bars

[Aug 27, 2006]
Mike Manov

Strength:

Can be adjusted to a wider range of positions than non-continouos-curve bars. Slight wing-shaped cross section makes the tops more comfortable than a round bar. Larger-radius curve from tops forward to hoods leaves more room for wrists when out of the saddle on the drops. First-rate Italian craftsmanship. Fairly light for an ergo bar.

Gradual taper from 31.8 center section forces computer mount further out, eliminating a "hands close to center" position that I like.

As a tall, inflexible rider, I have been trying to get my brake hoods up higher but still keep the drops usable. With most ergo or classic bend bars, rotating them upwards to bring the hoods up results in a drop section that is not usable because the grip area and the flat below it are angled too far towards the vertical. In contrast, the Modolo's continuous curve in the drop section works well even when the tops of the bars are nearly level, instead of the more usual 20 or 30 degree drop angle. My back is more comfortable as a result.

Syntace Carbon Race Light, Easton EC90 Equipe

[Oct 19, 2004]
heron163

Strength:

Ride characteristics, looks

N/A

Can a handlebar alone make that much difference? YES! I was skeptical initially but from my first ride with the Modolo, I could feel the difference. Not only was there a noticiable "feel" of comfort, steering felt more precise. Not cheap but your ride deserves them.

Easton

[Jun 17, 2004]
Acenturian

Strength:

Good looks, Good looks, Looks Good :0 Strong, light and well designed.

None so far

Beautiful handlebar. I wanted an Italian carbon fiber handlebar and I loved the feel and look of the bar. Its very stiff. The bar has grooves in the back to help run cables for Campagnolo Levers and added plus. Weight, probably not the lightest but one of the lightest carbon bars out there.

Aluminum bars (unkown brand)