Performance Forté Pro Carbon Handlebars

Forté Pro Carbon

• Advanced Carbon Technology gives you a vibration-damped bar that's comfortable and lightweight.
  • 8-bend design provides more comfortable hand positions with plenty of forearm clearance
  • Ergo drops fit your hands perfectly for a fast comfortable profile

• User Reviews (4)

Jose   Recreational Rider [Mar 16, 2007]
    Strength:

Light weight
    good strength
    good value for the money

Haven't found any. I'm hoping I won't.

I bought this handlebar a couple of years ago and have put about 2,000 miles on them. I have found them to be an excellent value for the money. I had it installed on my older Trek 1400. It really made the bike a lot lighter and fun to drive.

tonyzackery   Road Racer [Jan 11, 2007]
    Strength:

Cost to performance ratio is high. Lightweight. Strength.

Good product for the money. As we all know, some large manufacturer makes these for Performance, so they are good quality. These bars are light and the "right" amount of flex for me. A handlebar is one of those items you like to not have to think about, which means it's doing its job well. This handlebar is in that category.

Bickis   Road Racer [Jan 10, 2007]
    Strength:

light, looks good, comfortable, reasonably priced

flexible, unusable after hard crash (like all carbon bars really)

Decent handlebar. Really light, ergo bends actually kind of comfortable. The bar lasted me a full season until I crashed pretty hard. Even then the bar didn't snap, but you could see cracks in it.
    I had the 26.0 size and found it really flexable. I wouldn't buy it again for this reason, but would be curious to know if an OS model might be a little stiffer.

Similar Products Used: Easton EA70
    Bikbldr   Recreational Rider [Dec 08, 2006]
    Strength:

none, or not enough strengths in reality to keep it from breaking

it breaks

Bought these after the shop said that they had not seen any failures, and that they had sold quite a few. I have two of these. the last one I bought failed after 2 months. I will be replacing the other shortly, as I don't trust it anymore.

I cracked it on the bend about 5 inches behind the hoods. The cork tape held it together after that until I could get home.

Performance was great about taking it back