Pro Vibe 7S Compact II Handlebars

Vibe 7S Compact II

The popular Vibe Handlebar is now available with compact drop and updated shape, making PRO's Vibe Compact II an excellent choice for riders with smaller hands. All oversized AL-7050 aluminum construction is strong and economical. 31.8mm clamp diameter. Various widths. Black or White. 285g. (42cm).

tsutaoka   Road Racer [Apr 24, 2013]
Strength:

Great shape, awesome stiffness and solid value. I swapped my FSA K-Force Compact for this Pro Vibe 7s Compact and won't think about the extra grams in exchange for the awesome stiffness. After a couple days I can feel the performance gains form a stiffer bar on climbs and sprints. Love it

None so far...

Great shape, awesome stiffness and solid value.

Similar Products Used: FSA K-Force, Compact, Ritchey WCS EvoCurve, FSA Energy
OVERALL
Aristo Compasso   [Mar 10, 2013]
Strength:

Good design, build quality, rigidity, price.

None that I can witness.

I had a 2 months old Ritchey anatomical that I could not get used to over the course of 1000km. The Ritchey was 42cm (the appropriate size for my shoulder width, they say), but coming from a narrower classical randonneur design I felt like ridding a truck. There's an amazing feeling of responsiveness, precision, control and speed in narrow and rigid handlebar designs that I cannot discard for whatever sake.

I bought the 38cm Pro Vibe 7s, and moving between positions in this handlebar is a lot quicker. The flex is almost gone, and despite the fact of having less leverage in climbs it feels you're not wasting energy bending the tube. 4cm narrower also means I don't feel like a flag on the hoods. Operating the Campagnolo 2012 Ergopower levers is perfect from all positions, unlike with the Ritchey anatomical. The oversized top part of the handlebar coupled with the right tape provides a secure grip that doesn't stress your palms and wrists. Expect 38mm diameter of handlebar to grab near the stem.

Over the years you realise that quality in bicycle components are more a matter of personal preference than industry trends or price paid. Knowing what your body and riding style dislikes about your current setup is the best strategy to assemble the perfect bike. For €40 (very good deal on a handlebar sold for around twice as much) this is my personal choice for best handlebar in compact designs.

p.s. I refuse to discuss 20g in a component of a vehicle that represents 10% of my body weight.

Similar Products Used: Ritchey, Easton, Kalloy, GB and other classics.
OVERALL